Article <usfr0r$2vd$1@news.misty.com>
Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<usfr0r$2vd$1@news.misty.com>

From: Claus =?iso-8859-1?Q?A=DFmann?= <INVALID_NO_CC_REMOVE_IF_YOU_DO_NOT_POST_ml+sendmail(-no-copies-please)@esmtp.org>
Newsgroups: comp.mail.sendmail
Subject: Re: Fastest way to inject a lot of =?UTF-8?B?bWFpbD8=?=
Date: Fri, 8 Mar 2024 15:04:43 -0500 (EST)
Sender: <ml+sendmail(-no-copies-please)@esmtp.org>

HQuest wrote:
> Claus Aßmann wrote:
> > That might fail due to "unauthorized PIPELINING".

> My cron scripts and/or sendmail.cf would beg to differ, but my point is

Do you run 8.18? Did you disable the extra checks?
What happens if your MTA is "too busy" (421) or replies with some
error to one of the commands?

> that it is much superior to deliver a message to a running MSA/MTA than
> spinning up a new copy of sendmail for every message to be delivered.

That might be the case, but AFAICT it does not apply to the way the
OP is submitting mails (a single mail with a large list of recipients).

--
Note: please read the netiquette before posting. I will almost never
reply to top-postings which include a full copy of the previous