Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<usina4$2i0ja$1@dont-email.me>

From: The Real Bev <bashley101@gmail.com>
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Subject: Re: Codes sent by text message
Date: Sat, 9 Mar 2024 14:19:46 -0800

On 3/9/24 11:24 AM, Newyana2 wrote:

>    I called up Schwabb to ask them about it. I got a very friendly,
> competent man who said that I could just skip the cellphone
> entry on the application webpage. Not true. He also said I could
> sign up in person at their office. But then what if I try to make
> a trade and it won't let me do it without a cellphone number?
> The trouble is that no one's minding the store. If humans are
> involved, it costs money... So I gave up on the investing idea. I
> didn't really have much to spare, anyway. :)

We've been with Vanguard a long time;  the bond lady was really useful
back when you could get 12% on municipals.  Since then they've become
more annoying.  For some transactions on our community property account
(before they set up that voice-recognition thing) they had to hear my
husband giving his SS # etc.  in addition to what I told them.  It never
seemed to occur to them that I could have killed my husband and was
telling my toyboy what to say while we cleared out the account.  PLUS
they then needed to send a code to my cellphone.  It takes forever to do
transactions that OUGHT to be possible on line, but which require a
phone call instead.

We've never been 'traders', but if someone wanted to make a fast trade
NOW within seconds as the price is changing rapidly (s)he'd be up shit
creek.  Common stuff is easy with Schwab and E-Trade, but RMDs are
problematical and I end up phoning because you just can't get there from
here.

--
Cheers, Bev
   Red ship crashes into blue ship - sailors marooned.