Article <usineq$2hnpb$3@dont-email.me>
Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<usineq$2hnpb$3@dont-email.me>

From: olcott <polcott2@gmail.com>
Newsgroups: comp.theory,sci.logic
Subject: =?UTF-8?B?UmU6IFZlcmlmaWVkIGZhY3QgdGhhdCDEpC5IIOKfqMSk4p+pIOKfqMSk?=
 =?UTF-8?B?4p+pIGFuZCBIIOKfqMSk4p+pIOKfqMSk4p+pIGhhdmUgZGlmZmVyZW50IGJlaGF2?=
 =?UTF-8?Q?ior?=
Date: Sat, 9 Mar 2024 16:22:18 -0600

On 3/9/2024 3:50 PM, immibis wrote:

>>> Specifications, not actual behavior until the existance of such an H
>>> is shown.
>>>
>>> IF taken as actual behavior, then it is conditional on such an H
>>> existing.

>>> It NEEDS to in order to meet its specification
>>>
>>> It DOESN'T unless its algorithm says it does,
>>>
>>> If it just fails to answer, then it has failed to be a correct Halt
>>> Decider.
>>>
>>> The fact that you reach this conflict in actions, is the reason Halt
>>> Deciding is uncomputable.

>>> In other words, you are admitting to changing the question, and thus
>>> LYING that you are working on the actual original problem.
>>
>> This must just be over your head. It is very very difficult.
>>
>> What criteria would you use so that Ĥ.H ⟨Ĥ⟩ ⟨Ĥ⟩ knows what
>> wrong answer to provide?
>>

> Ĥ.H ⟨Ĥ⟩ ⟨Ĥ⟩ is stipulated to use the exact same objective criteria that
> H ⟨Ĥ⟩ uses.

Simulating halt deciders must make sure that they themselves
do not get stuck in infinite execution. This means that they
must abort every simulation that cannot possibly otherwise halt.

This requires Ĥ.H ⟨Ĥ⟩ ⟨Ĥ⟩ to abort its simulation and does not
require H ⟨Ĥ⟩ ⟨Ĥ⟩ to abort its simulation when Ĥ.H ⟨Ĥ⟩ ⟨Ĥ⟩ aborts
its simulation.

Ĥ.H ⟨Ĥ⟩ ⟨Ĥ⟩ does simulate itself in recursive simulation H ⟨Ĥ⟩ ⟨Ĥ⟩
does not simulate itself in recursive simulation.