Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<usinor$2i3lh$1@dont-email.me>

From: The Real Bev <bashley101@gmail.com>
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Subject: Re: Codes sent by text message
Date: Sat, 9 Mar 2024 14:27:38 -0800

On 3/8/24 11:55 PM, J=C3=B6rg Lorenz wrote:
> Am 09.03.24 um 08:29 schrieb The Real Bev:
>> Some annoying websites insist on authentication by requiring me to ent=
er
>> the number they send by text message.  For some reason my google voice=

>> number is never identified as a real phone number and I have to use my=

>> old phone with the $10/year SIM to receive their code.
>>=20
>> WTF?  Why is the google voice number not a REAL phone number?
>=20
> Google seems not to be a part of the regular telephony system in the US=
> and probably elsewhere. Same as WhatsApp, Signal or other Messengers. I=

> guess you have no SIM card for this service.

No, I have a Keepgo data SIM which uses my google voice number to=20
piggyback onto 'movistar' and/or T-Mobile.  When I use it to make phone=20
calls part of the data gets used as 'mobile' and generally more gets=20
used as 'roaming'.  It makes my head hurt thinking about it, but I've=20
got 3GB of data and a year to use it, and I've only used 200 MB in 6=20
months. I don't need to use any of it when I'm near a free wifi hotspot.

$30 for 3GB for a year and I have to buy a few dollars worth at the end=20
of the year.  If anybody is interested you can join through a link I=20
send you and we both get 3GB of free data.  Just sayin'.

> https://support.google.com/voice/thread/10031187/how-to-change-the-goog=
le-voice-number-to-be-real-cell-phone-number-with-sim-card?hl=3Den

--=20
Cheers, Bev
   Red ship crashes into blue ship - sailors marooned.