Article <usjh2b$2qe2f$1@dont-email.me>
Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<usjh2b$2qe2f$1@dont-email.me>

From: sms <scharf.steven@geemail.com>
Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Subject: Re: Politics for the s5tupid 4 ticks
Date: Sat, 9 Mar 2024 21:39:21 -0800
 <n23npidlg4c12i7g7g8ffd9fgv1vqi9jst@4ax.com> <ungume$1i57c$3@dont-email.me>
 <unh74m$1j941$3@dont-email.me>
 <2eb6628d-727f-45d1-a2e6-9ba77d51ad7bn@googlegroups.com>
 <81qrpihp19q81a8tp8qbnqg3lidd2dqo4n@4ax.com> <unmnsl$2jgno$1@dont-email.me>
 <eTsCN.61716$mMj7.35932@fx01.iad>
 <nedfuipuk8ervicdancjma1h0ee0flmpq2@4ax.com> <usambb$ipvm$1@dont-email.me>
 <itqhuipcm6tlufe23nqtmd843ukbq934p9@4ax.com> <usdd7f$194gl$1@dont-email.me>
 <5nekuipp0stdprsga4ups4s0ccv5pkfp80@4ax.com> <usdjro$1adjl$1@dont-email.me>
 <BRHGN.518318$7sbb.409395@fx16.iad> <usg0cu$1tqgs$1@dont-email.me>
 <usg1cf$1te20$1@dont-email.me>

On 3/8/2024 1:53 PM, Zen Cycle wrote:
> On 3/8/2024 4:36 PM, Frank Krygowski wrote:
>> On 3/8/2024 12:24 PM, Tom Kunich wrote:
>>>
>>> After Obama's Great Recession, which Flunky does not believe in,
>>> (BTW, this is a pure indication that Flunky does not have any
>>> investments) my investments went from $880,000 to $330,000 or more
>>> aptly, I was ruined.
>>
>> What in HELL did you invest in? It must not have been U.S. stocks. See
>> https://www.cnn.com/interactive/2019/business/stock-market-by-president/index.html
>>

> Tommy didn't invest in anything. He has no investments other than his
> house which his mom gave to him. He never lost anything during the
> bush/cheney recession because he didn't have anything invested.
>
> He's so brole he can't even afford to replace the clogged faucets in his
> house, and he's such a cuckold his wife wouldn't let him spend the money
> on it anyway.
>
> IOW, he was ruined before he ever got a start.

He’s just confused about what the market did and when.

Clinton
-------
1993 9.97%
1994 1.33%
1995 37.20%
1996 22.68%
1997 33.10%
1998 28.34%
1999 20.89%
2000 -9.03%

Obama
-----
2009 +25.94%
2010 +14.82%
2011 +2.10%
2012 +15.89%
2013 +32.15%
2014 +13.52%
2015 +1.38%
2016 +11.77%

Biden
-----
2021 +28.70%
2022 -25.00%
2023 +26.29%

It was 2001-2008, during the George W. Bush presidency, when the market
had some steep declines due to the Republican-caused recession. The root
cause of the recession was defaults on mortgage loans, caused by
Republican deregulation of the banking industry. It was Republicans that
sought to weaken bank regulation.

Historically, the stock market has done better under Democratic
administrations, “the S&P 500 returned 8.4% annually on average under
Democrats, versus 2.7% under Republicans, a difference of 5.7%
percentage points.”

However it's important to understand that the stock market is not
necessarily the best indication of how the economy is doing. The
employment rate and unemployment rate are also important. Employment
went up by 0.13% under W, 1.04% under Obama, fell 0.51% under Trump, and
has gone up by 4.3% under Biden. For unemployment, the unemployment rate
fell under Democratic presidents by an average of 0.8 percentage points,
while it increased under Republican presidents by an average of 1.1
percentage points.

--
“If you are not an expert on a subject, then your opinions about it
really do matter less than the opinions of experts. It's not