Article <usl2o0$34k7p$1@dont-email.me>
Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<usl2o0$34k7p$1@dont-email.me>

From: <bp@www.zefox.net>
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Subject: Re: Battery discharge when on but unconnected
Date: Sun, 10 Mar 2024 19:47:12 -0000 (UTC)

Zaidy036 <Zaidy036@air.isp.spam> wrote:

> My question is why carry a cell phone with its power on in this
> condition? The only connection left is Bluetooth.

The phone is carried mostly for emergency outgoing calls.
Originally I tried keeping it turned off, but it kept powering
up and staying that way after charging. Turning it off was just
a nuisance. Making it stay powered off during charging seems
elusive, so I started asking about alternative stragegies.

In the end it looks like charging it and then turning it off
remains the path of least effort.

Thanks for everyone's help on a counterintuitive request!

bob prohaska