Article <usljen$385ff$1@dont-email.me>
Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<usljen$385ff$1@dont-email.me>

From: olcott <polcott2@gmail.com>
Newsgroups: comp.theory,sci.logic
Subject: =?UTF-8?B?UmU6IFZlcmlmaWVkIGZhY3QgdGhhdCDEpC5IIOKfqMSk4p+pIOKfqMSk?=
 =?UTF-8?B?4p+pIGFuZCBIIOKfqMSk4p+pIOKfqMSk4p+pIGhhdmUgZGlmZmVyZW50IGJlaGF2?=
 =?UTF-8?Q?ior_--RASP_Machines--?=
Date: Sun, 10 Mar 2024 19:32:22 -0500
 <usikk8$2gnhr$8@dont-email.me> <usiljd$2hc10$3@dont-email.me>
 <usineq$2hnpb$3@dont-email.me> <usiq9n$2ijsm$1@dont-email.me>
 <usir82$2inqh$2@dont-email.me> <usit21$2j3c8$1@dont-email.me>
 <usiufa$2j99n$1@dont-email.me> <usiukh$2jaj3$1@dont-email.me>
 <usiuup$2jdc7$2@dont-email.me> <usj254$2jutc$2@dont-email.me>
 <usj2e3$2jut2$1@dont-email.me> <usj2je$2jutc$3@dont-email.me>
 <usj2rs$2jut2$2@dont-email.me> <usj32s$2k5id$1@dont-email.me>
 <usjd20$2plge$1@dont-email.me> <usjef5$1cf5q$6@i2pn2.org>
 <usjfj8$2q613$1@dont-email.me> <usjgs6$1cf5q$7@i2pn2.org>
 <usjhks$2qhfq$1@dont-email.me> <usjj7v$1cf5q$8@i2pn2.org>
 <uskg1p$30hr1$1@dont-email.me> <KEkHN.386271$vFZa.185803@fx13.iad>
 <uskog1$32h3c$1@dont-email.me> <uskpe3$32l00$1@dont-email.me>
 <uskq04$32h3c$3@dont-email.me> <usksvk$33a1p$5@dont-email.me>
 <uskubp$33lov$3@dont-email.me> <usl0u7$34bnj$1@dont-email.me>

On 3/10/2024 2:16 PM, immibis wrote:
> On 10/03/24 19:32, olcott wrote:
>>>
>>> So you are saying that some Turing machines are not sound?

>>> So you are saying that some Turing machines are not real Turing
>>> machines?

>>> well the halting problem requires them to correctly say NO, so you
>>> haven't solved it
>>
>> All decision problem instances of program/input such that both
>> yes and no are the wrong answer toss out the input as invalid.
>
> I noticed that you gave up on Olcott machines and now you are back to
> your old bullshit ways of pretending that the same machine can produce
> two different execution traces on the same input. Why don't you show us
> an execution trace where that happens? Both traces must show the first
> instruction that is different in both traces and I recommend showing 20
> more instructions after that, but you can abort one after that time, if
> it doesn't halt, to prevent the trace getting infinitely long.

Turing Machines and Olcott machines cannot properly implement
H1(D,D) and H(D,D) that know their own machine address.

My C code proves these two have different behavior:
(a) H1(D,D) + H1_machine_address
(b) H(D,D) + H_machine_address

Because they are different computations they are
not required to have the same behavior.

H(D,D) immediately sees the first time it calls itself
with its same inputs.

H1(D,D) never sees it call itself with its same inputs.

Full Execution trace of H1(D,D)
(a) main() invokes H1(D,D)
(b) H1(D,D) simulates D(D)
(c) Simulated D(D) calls simulated H(D,D)
(d) Simulated H(D,D) simulates another D(D)
(e) Simulated H(D,D) aborts this D(D) when it would call itself
(f) Simulated H(D,D) returns 0 to simulated caller D(D)
(g) Simulated caller D(D) returns to H1(D,D)
(h) H1(D,D) returns 1 to main()

They cannot be implemented as Turing Machines or Olcott
Machines. They can be implemented as RASP machines proven
by the fact that they are implemented as C functions.