Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<usn9gk$3moa8$1@dont-email.me>

From: super70s <super70s@super70s.invalid>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-03-10 (Sunday)
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2024 10:55:00 -0500

On 2024-03-11 15:17:26 +0000, Arthur Lipscomb said:

> On 3/11/2024 5:52 AM, Ian J. Ball wrote:
>> I tried to get some things done yesterday, and also recover from the
>> time change, so as a result, I didn't watch much, not even a movie in
>> the evening...:
>>

> The time change through me for a loop.  I knew it was happening but
> wasn't sure which day it was happening or if I was gaining or losing an
> hour.  Then I saw the clock on my stove was an hour earlier.  When I
> was a kid I had manually change all the clocks which helped a bit, but
> now with almost every clock in the house automatically changing the
> time by the time I wake up it's like I involuntarily time traveled
> without knowing it.

I have four atomic regulated clocks in my home, and another tiny atomic
clock on the bedside table. One of them doesn't get the signal at all
for some reason so I have to manually set it, and two of them usually
don't get the signal until the next evening. Then I have this little
Sony alarm clock in the living room on my computer hutch that isn't
atomic but it always recognizes the time change. That still leaves the
GE kitchen under-cabinet clock, an old Coca-Cola clock, and my watch
that I have to manually set.

I never bother with resetting the clock in the car, I just keep it on
DST all year.