Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<usnabh$3mt87$1@dont-email.me>

From: "Ian J. Ball" <ijball@mac.invalid>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-03-09 (Saturday)
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2024 09:09:21 -0700

On 3/11/24 7:49 AM, Adam H. Kerman wrote:

> Ian J. Ball <ijball@mac.invalid> wrote:
>> On 3/10/24 11:10 PM, anim8rfsk wrote:
>
>>> TRACKER
>
>>> No, not this silly uncredited remake that Adam is watching starring Green
>>> Aquaman.
>
>>> The one and only original series from 2001, starring the Highlander versus
>>> the vampire from Forever Knight!
>
>>> An incredibly goofy one season wonder from Canadia's space channel.
>
>>> Adrian Paul is Daggon, a.k.a. Cole a prison guard from Cirron who comes to
>>> earth chasing 218 prisoners that the Evil Zin released and came exactly 100
>>> light years (sometimes it's 100,000,000 light years) from their planet SAR
>>> TOP in the Migar solar system. . . .
>
>>> [snip]
>>> On Freevee and other services. Freevee seems to have the running order
>>> right; Ian's IMDb episode listing is completely wrong, based on people
>>> leaving the series and their storylines being wrapped up.
>
>>> Fred-Bob sez "check it out!"
>
>> I asked Anim, but it sounds like this series is in SDTV, not HDTV, which
>> is a turnoff to me...  [shrug]
>
>> P.S. I never saw this on Sci-Fi when it originally aired. In fact, I
>> don't even remember that it existed!!
>
> I remember this. Adrian Paul was quite laconic. I have no idea why you'd
> want to see this in HD. As you point out often enough, there's an
> inadequate signal level to upgrade. The special effects didn't look all
> that brilliant at the time and they won't improve output as HD.

Because SD looks like s**t on an 4k TV.
IOW, not just the "FX", but *everything*!!

I would have figured by 2002 that most everything was filming in HD -
"...Jules Verne" had done so 3 years prior, and even shows on The WB,
like "Babes of Prey" from the year previous, were filmed in HD.

But I guess it took until c.2005 before everything, even stuff like
"Tracker", was filmed in HD.