Article <usnfck$3o4gq$2@dont-email.me>
Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<usnfck$3o4gq$2@dont-email.me>

From: Adam <adam@no_thanks.com>
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Subject: Re: how to access .mp4 & .pdf files on iPad after copying from Linux
 via ifuse
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2024 10:35:16 -0700

On 03/10/2024 10:58 PM, Your Name wrote:
> On 2024-03-11 00:47:26 +0000, Adam said:
>>
>> The files seem to be on the iPad at the top level...
>> https://i.postimg.cc/QdM0WF6H/i-Pad-Files-US-Citizenship-Naturalization-Questions.png
>>

>> But, I can't seem to find the files from the iPad.  Sorry, I'm an iPad
>> newbie doing this for my neighbor, who is studying to become a US
>> citizen.  On top of that, the iOS is in a foreign language.  :-)
>
> The files should be in the Downloads or Documents folder, then they
> should be accessible via the Files app.
>
> iPadOS / iOS doesn't let you access files from anywhere you like. They
> have to be in specific locations, one reason why you shouldn't really
> use "manager" apps like iMazing or similar to transfer files across to
> the iPad or iPhone unless you know what you're doing.

Thanks, good to know. I knew there was some iOS file system rules I was
missing. So simple yet so hard to find when you need to know. But, these
types of file system rules are really arbitrary and senseless.
Come on, Apple !!

Also, just invested in a Plug-n-Play USB adapter for iPad. This should
make it easier for my neighbor. But, the "archaic" DCIM file system rule
is really an embarrassment for a pioneer company like Apple.
It may have been fine when it was hidden back then but it is now
sticking out like a sore thumb.
Come on, Apple !!