Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<usnmhu$3posq$1@dont-email.me>

From: Nyssa <Nyssa@LogicalInsight.net>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-03-09 (Saturday)
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2024 15:37:12 -0400

Adam H. Kerman wrote:

> Nyssa <Nyssa@LogicalInsight.net> wrote:
>>anim8rfsk wrote:
>
>>>TRACKER
>
>>>No, not this silly uncredited remake that Adam is
>>>watching starring Green Aquaman.
>
>>>The one and only original series from 2001, starring the
>>>Highlander versus the vampire from Forever Knight!
>
>>>An incredibly goofy one season wonder from Canadia's
>>>space channel. . . .
>
>>The premise sounds like "Brimstone" only the good guy
>>doing the chasing of bad guys on "Brimstone" doesn't
>>have any superpowers. He's just a dead cop recruited
>>by the Devil to round up the excapees.
>
>>And the equivalent of the barkeeper lady is the clerk
>>at the two-bit dive the dead cop is sleeping in.
>
>>The question becomes: Which series was first and stole
>>the premise from the other?
>
>>Nyssa, who wishes that there were a DVD available (that
>>doesn't ship from Pakistan) of the 14 filmed (but
>>not all broadcast) of "Brimstone"
>
> Brimstone was broadcast on Fox, fall and winter quarters
> 1998-1999 television season.

Thank you!

I kind of thought that "Brimstone" was first, but I
wasn't 100% sure. So "Tracker" in 2001 um...borrowed
from Brimstone.

I sounds as though "Brimstone" was better. I've got
a couple or three episodes recorded. Maybe I should
re-watch those to refresh my memory.

Nyssa, who remembers that John Glover was an especially
devilish Devil in "Brimstone"