Article <uso2dc$3s9rc$1@dont-email.me>
Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<uso2dc$3s9rc$1@dont-email.me>

From: Chris Ahlstrom <OFeem1987@teleworm.us>
Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Subject: Re: Thelio hardware problem with Linux Mint
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2024 18:59:56 -0400

vallor wrote this copyrighted missive and expects royalties:

> On Mon, 11 Mar 2024 07:51:24 -0400, Chris Ahlstrom <OFeem1987@teleworm.us>
> wrote in <usmr7t$3j8em$3@dont-email.me>:
>
>> By the way I ditched pulseaudio on this laptop.
>
> Do you use pipewire?

Not yet. It might need a little more seasoning. Apparently it works on
polling unlike JACK, which uses callbacks.

I intend to support the Pipewire API in the next version of my MIDI/audio
framework. Lotta irons in the fire.

> I'm not sure that I can run proton without pulse -- and really, the
> latter has never been a problem for me.  I prefer the flexibility
> and control of pulse.  I've used it in the past to set up a virtual
> device for streaming, so that people don't hear videos or streams I'm
> playing on another monitor on my own stream.

I use pulse on this Lenovo laptop, for now. It's very helpful, but I wonder
if it slows down JACK MIDI processing (indirectly).

--
You can create your own opportunities this week.  Blackmail a senior executive.