Article <uspnds$aqvi$1@dont-email.me>
Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<uspnds$aqvi$1@dont-email.me>

From: Arthur Lipscomb <arthur@alum.calberkeley.org>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-03-11 (Monday)
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2024 07:04:34 -0700

On 3/12/2024 5:53 AM, Ian J. Ball wrote:
> On 3/12/24 1:30 AM, Ubiquitous wrote:
>
>> What did you watch?
>
> Just Tues. ep's of soaps, but nothing is resolved:
>
> DOOL - They finally find Tripp and Wendy, but they aren't breathing
> (right now). I guess Paulina is going to live, as she's been "blessed"
> by Lexi's ghost (though the Lexi actress still will not set foot on set
> - she must be totally done with acting!! - I'm not even sure she's going
> the V.O. here!). No Clyde or cute but EVOL!!1! copette at all.
>
> GH - Jason gives Jagger, Anna and the cops the slip by jumping in the
> river (but didn't die doing so!). Nothing else important happened.

I watched:

The Bad Seed (Lifetime) 2018 movie directed by Rob Lowe who also stars
as the parent of a 9-year-old psycho daughter (Mckenna Grace who plays
"Phoebe Spengler" in the Ghostbusters sequels).  But in a twist I didn't
see coming the dad hires a nanny to look after her and it turns out the
nanny is a psycho too!  The nanny happily eggs on the budding psycho and
gives her tips on how to get away with her crimes while threatening her
if she doesn't stay out of her way.  The nanny wants to marry Lowe, but
the bad seed doesn't like that.  It then became a battle of the two
psychos.  I went in with low expectations but once the babysitter turned
out to be a psycho too it got pretty good.  This was way better than it
had any right to be.

The Bad Seed Returns (Lifetime) 2022 sequel with Mckenna Grace returning
as the now teenage Bad Seed.  They explicitly said she was 9 in the last
movie making the timeline for this one not make any sense.  But
whatever.  Being the last one standing from the previous movie she's
back and badder than ever with no one left alive who knows she's evil or
get in her way.  This one wasn't as good as the first one.  The first
one really benefited by having a second psycho to help chew the scenery.
  This time around being the sole psycho in the movie, it also took way
too long for her to start killing people.  The way she racked up a body
count at age 9 it felt odd that she would suddenly stop for several
years then just start up again.  It was like she knew she had the
writers on her side to keep her safe and everyone else doing stupid
things.  I also had a strong sense of rewrites or maybe deleted scenes
where they would seem to set things up with no pay off.