Article <usq3m9$1l201$9@i2pn2.org>
Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<usq3m9$1l201$9@i2pn2.org>

From: Richard Damon <richard@damon-family.org>
Newsgroups: comp.theory,sci.logic
Subject: =?UTF-8?B?UmU6IFZlcmlmaWVkIGZhY3QgdGhhdCDEpC5IIOKfqMSk4p+pIOKfqMSk?=
 =?UTF-8?B?4p+pIGFuZCBIIOKfqMSk4p+pIOKfqMSk4p+pIGhhdmUgZGlmZmVyZW50IGJlaGF2?=
 =?UTF-8?Q?ior_ZFC_--new_focus--?=
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2024 10:33:59 -0700
 <KEkHN.386271$vFZa.185803@fx13.iad> <uskog1$32h3c$1@dont-email.me>
 <uskpe3$32l00$1@dont-email.me> <uskq04$32h3c$3@dont-email.me>
 <usks70$1enef$1@i2pn2.org> <usktro$33lov$1@dont-email.me>
 <usl1c7$1enef$9@i2pn2.org> <usll3l$38f21$1@dont-email.me>
 <lttHN.366350$q3F7.85039@fx45.iad> <uslou1$390q2$1@dont-email.me>
 <uslpbr$1enef$17@i2pn2.org> <uslu1i$3do6h$1@dont-email.me>
 <usm07p$1enef$21@i2pn2.org> <usm1sg$3ebq5$2@dont-email.me>
 <usm2ps$1enef$22@i2pn2.org> <usm3eg$3em6b$1@dont-email.me>
 <usm4id$1enef$24@i2pn2.org> <usm5np$3f27j$2@dont-email.me>
 <usm6p0$1enef$25@i2pn2.org> <usn0d2$3klcn$1@dont-email.me>
 <uso6gi$3t0l7$3@dont-email.me> <usoa3t$3ttg8$1@dont-email.me>
 <usodpd$3uhqb$1@dont-email.me> <usoecc$3ujat$1@dont-email.me>
 <usoesp$3uo9o$1@dont-email.me> <usog2a$3utnd$1@dont-email.me>
 <usoi9m$1j3v1$5@i2pn2.org> <usoimh$2vll$4@dont-email.me>
 <usojqv$1j3v1$6@i2pn2.org> <usok2o$3h5n$1@dont-email.me>

On 3/11/24 9:01 PM, olcott wrote:
> On 3/11/2024 10:57 PM, Richard Damon wrote:

>>> H.q0 ⟨Ĥ⟩ ⟨Ĥ⟩ ⊢* H.qy // Ĥ applied to ⟨Ĥ⟩ halts
>>> H.q0 ⟨Ĥ⟩ ⟨Ĥ⟩ ⊢* H.qn // Ĥ applied to ⟨Ĥ⟩ does not halt
>>>
>>> Since you know that is false why lie?
>>> ⊢* specifies an infinite set of encodings.
>>
>> Nope, read him again, not just skim and assume.
>>
>> Should Represents the ARBITRARY path that THIS H will do.
>>

> I have read it again and again since 2004, you are getting
> this incorrectly. I have two copies of the book.

Really, so how does he actually DEFINE that notation, his exact words.

I am sure he doesn't use the words "an infinite set of encodings", as he
will always be talking about a given (but arbitrary) Turing Machine at
any given time, as that is what you run.

My guess is that this is like everything you do, you never bothered to
learn the actual meaning of the words he is using (in the context he is
using them) so your zeroth principles (they are first principles, since
you don't have the actual basics of the field under your belt) give you
wrong meanings to what he is saying.