Article <usq5eg$1l201$17@i2pn2.org>
Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<usq5eg$1l201$17@i2pn2.org>

From: Richard Damon <richard@damon-family.org>
Newsgroups: comp.theory,sci.logic
Subject: =?UTF-8?B?UmU6IFZlcmlmaWVkIGZhY3QgdGhhdCDEpC5IIOKfqMSk4p+pIOKfqMSk?=
 =?UTF-8?B?4p+pIGFuZCBIIOKfqMSk4p+pIOKfqMSk4p+pIGhhdmUgZGlmZmVyZW50IGJlaGF2?=
 =?UTF-8?Q?ior_ZFC_--new_focus--?=
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2024 11:04:00 -0700
 <usit21$2j3c8$1@dont-email.me> <usiufa$2j99n$1@dont-email.me>
 <usiukh$2jaj3$1@dont-email.me> <usiuup$2jdc7$2@dont-email.me>
 <usj254$2jutc$2@dont-email.me> <usj2e3$2jut2$1@dont-email.me>
 <usj2je$2jutc$3@dont-email.me> <usj2rs$2jut2$2@dont-email.me>
 <usj32s$2k5id$1@dont-email.me> <usjd20$2plge$1@dont-email.me>
 <usjef5$1cf5q$6@i2pn2.org> <usjfj8$2q613$1@dont-email.me>
 <usjgs6$1cf5q$7@i2pn2.org> <usjhks$2qhfq$1@dont-email.me>
 <usjj7v$1cf5q$8@i2pn2.org> <uskg1p$30hr1$1@dont-email.me>
 <KEkHN.386271$vFZa.185803@fx13.iad> <uskog1$32h3c$1@dont-email.me>
 <uskpe3$32l00$1@dont-email.me> <uskq04$32h3c$3@dont-email.me>
 <usks70$1enef$1@i2pn2.org> <usktro$33lov$1@dont-email.me>
 <usl1c7$1enef$9@i2pn2.org> <usll3l$38f21$1@dont-email.me>
 <lttHN.366350$q3F7.85039@fx45.iad> <uslou1$390q2$1@dont-email.me>
 <uslpbr$1enef$17@i2pn2.org> <uslu1i$3do6h$1@dont-email.me>
 <usn8eu$3mf48$3@dont-email.me> <usn9k1$3m7k2$8@dont-email.me>

On 3/11/24 8:56 AM, olcott wrote:
> On 3/11/2024 10:36 AM, immibis wrote:
>> On 11/03/24 04:33, olcott wrote:
>>> Then we are back to undecidability being incorrectly construed
>>> as an actual limit to computation.
>>
>> Proof that a certain thing cannot be computed is always a limit to
>> computation.
>>
> Yet in only the same way that the Liar Paradox
> "This sentence is not true."
> does not have a truth value that can be computed.
>
>> For example, you can't compute the colour of the number 4. That is an
>> actual limit to computation.
>>

> The inability to to the logically impossible is not any actual limit.
> If we say that the Halting Problem cannot be solved for the same sort
> of reason that Square Circles do not exist then this is not any actual
> limit.

But SHOWING that something is logically impossible reveals the
limitations that were already there.

Yes, the Halting Theorem doesn't MAKE the problem impossible, it shows
that it always was, and gives us knowledge of that.

But, you don't understand the nature of Truth and Knowledge, so that
won't make sense.