Article <usqi7i$gtih$3@dont-email.me>
Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<usqi7i$gtih$3@dont-email.me>

From: olcott <polcott2@gmail.com>
Newsgroups: comp.theory,sci.logic
Subject: Re: ZFC solution to incorrect questions: reject them (NFFC)
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2024 16:42:10 -0500

On 3/12/2024 4:29 PM, Richard Damon wrote:
> On 3/12/24 1:35 PM, olcott wrote:

>>> Once we understand that either YES or NO is the right answer, the
>>> whole rebuttal is tossed out as invalid and incorrect.

>>> Naive set theory says that for every predicate P, the set {x | P(x)}
>>> exists. This axiom was a mistake. This axiom is not in ZFC.
>>>
>>> In Turing machines, for every non-empty finite set of alphabet
>>> symbols Γ, every b∈Γ, every Σ⊆Γ, every non-empty finite set of states
>>> Q, every q0∈Q, every F⊆Q, and every δ:(Q∖F)×Γ↛Q×Γ×{L,R},
>>> ⟨Q,Γ,b,Σ,δ,q0,F⟩ is a Turing machine. Do you think this is a mistake?
>>> Would you remove this axiom from your version of Turing machines?
>>>
>>> (Following the definition used on Wikipedia:
>>> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turing_machine#Formal_definition)

>>> The barber does not exist and the proposition does not exist.
>>>

>> When we do this exact same thing that ZFC did for self-referential
>> sets then self-referential (thus pathological) inputs to halt deciders
>> cannot exist.
>>

> And your computation system isn't Turing Complete, by definition.

I don't think that this has anything to do with Turing completeness.
It is more a matter of reestablishing the notion of computation on
a new foundation the same way that ZFC did for Naive set theory.

ZFC removed logically impossible decision problem instances. My new
foundation for computation (NFFC) only removes logically impossible
decision problem instances. Turing machines remain the same.