Article <usr4be$1mk0g$3@i2pn2.org>
Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<usr4be$1mk0g$3@i2pn2.org>

From: Richard Damon <richard@damon-family.org>
Newsgroups: comp.theory,sci.logic
Subject: =?UTF-8?Q?Re=3A_ZFC_solution_to_incorrect_questions=3A_reject_them_?=
 =?UTF-8?Q?--G=C3=B6del--?=
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2024 19:51:26 -0700

On 3/12/24 4:14 PM, olcott wrote:
> On 3/12/2024 6:00 PM, Richard Damon wrote:

>>> Natural numbers never really did have the property of provability.
>>> This was something artificially contrived that never really belonged
>>> to them.
>>>

>> No, Godel showed (or maybe used a previous proof) that you can use the
>> Mathematics of Natural Numbers to test if a proof is valid.
>>
>> You just don't understand it. It really is very related to how Turing
>> Machines work, which can be converted to a mathematical model.
>>
>> There is a field that looks at the comparability of Computations to
>> Logic, so they are all really quite related.
>
> This is refuted.
> ...We are therefore confronted with a proposition which
> asserts its own unprovability. 15 ...(Gödel 1931:43-44)

Right, seen in the meta-Theory from F.

> based on immblis Russell's Paradox reply
> ¬∃G ∈ F | G ↔ ~(F ⊢ G)  // is simply false

Then a proof must exist in F that G is True, So G can't be false.

Note, The statement G is NOT a statement about itself being provable,
that is only a semantic revealed in the RIGHT meta-theory.

> Any G in F that asserts its own unprovability in F is
> asserting that there is no sequence of inference steps
> in F that prove that they themselves do not exist in F.

No FINITE sequence of inference steps.

Note, the key is that G doesn't assert that, G is a statement about
math, that only when interpreted in a meta-theory sees that.

G is actually a statment about the existance of a number that matches a
complected and carefully constructed relationship, that is fully
computable. The Existance or non-existance of such a number is a pure
binary thing, either it WILL or it WON'T.

The complicated relationship deals with a way to encode as a number ANY
analyitic statement in F (since all statements are just strings, and
strings can be encoded into a number), and a calculation to see if that
statement actually is a proof starting with the enumerated truth makers
of F, through the valid and allowed logical operatons to the statement
of G. A number that satisfies this relation, encodes a proof of G, and
any such proof, can always be encoded in to a number.

G is the statement that no such number exist. So, if G is false, then
such a number exists, and then in the Meta-Theory, we can decode that
number into a proof in F that G must be true.

If this is the case, then F must be inconsistant, and the proof starts
with the presumption that we are dealing with a consistant logic system.

But, if G is true, then there can be no such number, and thus from our
knowledge in the mete-theory, we know that no proof CAN exist for that fact.

Thus, the only possiblity for this statement, is to be True, but unprovable.

The big part of the theory is showing that such a relationship can be
made, and that shows that proof checkers are a computable function.

Given a system, and an enumeration of its basic truths, we can check if
a proof present actually proves the result it claims to.