Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<usr4gh$l0kq$1@dont-email.me>

From: Bill Sloman <bill.sloman@ieee.org>
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Subject: Re: OT: Where will it go?
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2024 13:53:57 +1100

On 13/03/2024 8:19 am, Cursitor Doom wrote:
> On Tue, 12 Mar 2024 15:51:35 GMT, Jan Panteltje <alien@comet.invalid>
> wrote:
>
>> On a sunny day (Tue, 12 Mar 2024 12:22:32 +0000) it happened Cursitor Doom
>> <cd@notformail.com> wrote in <t7i0vilp7hotbe2alnse53ij9onl62jb5s@4ax.com>:

>>> Read Huxley much?
>>
>> Did you mean Aldous Huxley?
>> Never read about him or things he wrote, so google gave me his link:
>> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aldous_Huxley
>> interesting, seems he got addicted in the end, wanted LSD on his deathbed?
>
> I don't believe it's possible to become addicted to LSD. Huxley wanted
> it once again on his deathbed to make a horrible demise into something
> special. Just for old times sake.
>
>> but I do recognize some things in his thinking..
>> Went trough similar things, never got addicted though always rationalize.
>> Maybe my will is too strong
>> My father used to say: Where there is a will there is a way.
>> To go full circle to the skin and egg thing... may even become the normal
>> But human + chicken egg? LOL Who knows.

Anybody with more sense than Jan Panteltje - most people.

> Huxley's work was *so* much more than The Doors of Perception. I
> suggest you read Brave New World, then you'll see the relevance of my
> initial comment. It's all about that future.

It's not. "Brave New World" is a future imagined in 1932 by a clever man
who didn't know all that much about anything specific. As prophecy it is
risible.

There were quite a few clever Huxley's. Aldous was one of the less
clever ones.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney