Article <usr9um$19trd$6@solani.org>
Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<usr9um$19trd$6@solani.org>

From: Physfitfreak <Physfitfreak@gmail.com>
Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Subject: Re: X is Alive!
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2024 23:27:02 -0500
 <usl0ia$348lm$1@dont-email.me> <usl1ht$347pu$2@dont-email.me>
 <usl2j1$34lr8$2@dont-email.me> <usl3lv$347pu$6@dont-email.me>
 <usmrcb$3j8em$5@dont-email.me> <keiuui9daa28ek60bf5ol072bh23ecg390@4ax.com>
 <usnipq$3ov4g$2@dont-email.me> <t6kuui9gnv95u1unblka0v1ufe2imhpv9p@4ax.com>
 <uso2pk$3s9rc$3@dont-email.me> <uso5ij$3t0dk$1@dont-email.me>
 <7m7vuihub0vu4f2knbsprlsstuvthqu1lh@4ax.com> <usoenf$3un4n$1@dont-email.me>
 <tvfvui5hb2tm3v6ceo4t29nccb32c6pkn5@4ax.com> <uspd0g$87ad$4@dont-email.me>
 <l5bl3dFapjbU3@mid.individual.net> <usqhpa$gi1b$6@dont-email.me>
 <l5cbvnFe7d2U4@mid.individual.net>

On 3/12/2024 7:57 PM, rbowman wrote:
> On Tue, 12 Mar 2024 17:34:32 -0400, Chris Ahlstrom wrote:
>
>> rbowman wrote this copyrighted missive and expects royalties:

>>> I don't necessarily believe it but there isn't much if I log into
>>> gmail.
>>> My regular account is set up to pull anything off gmail unlike my
>>> proton account.
>>
>> I stil get email from entities I resigned from years ago, such as the
>> IEEE.
>
> I still get those too. I bailed in the '80s after Irwin Feerst lost his
> battle to have the IEEE act in the interest of engineers rather than
> employers. Everything he said about outsourcing and the abuse of H-1B
> visas is as relevant, if not more so, today.

I was receiving snail mail _and_ email from APS two decades after I had
quit physics. Membership wasn't free, but grads would automatically
become member by part of the tuition they paid. After I left physics I
didn't pay for any membership, yet as long as I was living at that
address I kept receiving snail mail from them. They may still be sending
stuff to that address now :) The email stopped though, eventually.