Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<usrla0$1a6em$3@solani.org>

From: Physfitfreak <Physfitfreak@gmail.com>
Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Subject: Re: This FOSS Thang :-)
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2024 02:40:47 -0500

On 3/13/2024 1:31 AM, favask wrote:
> For Windows, I can readily believe that it is indeed the case. However,
> one thing I would first rule out, though, is that maybe it is CCleaner
> itself that triggers Edge in the background, and then happily displays
> the message that you need to close it?

? Hehe :)

Ccleaner does have a browser of its own (called "Ccleaner Browser") that
competes with Edge. So I doubt it would help, in any way, to bring Edge
up. But if it is the Edge that's made to be triggered by Ccleaner to
come to life, then all the more reason that Edge is designed to be abusive.

What would be the purpose for a browser to run in the background? With
no task bar button showing, with no sign on the screen of being active
whatsoever, no "outside temperature" gadget, no news tickers, nothing
for which a browser would be needed?

I'd say it is to communicate what you're doing to some sort of
interested client.