Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<ussikr$114mi$2@dont-email.me>

From: Dimensional Traveler <dtravel@sonic.net>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-03-12 (Tuesday)
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2024 09:01:32 -0700

> What did you watch?

I spent an hour dealing with Comcast's tech support when my TV said it
wasn't getting any signal from the cable box.  By the time I got
everything working again I was too tired and fed up with the universe to
actually watch any of my DVR recordings.  So instead I watched a DVD.

Dogfights, S1E01 Mig Alley
A 2005 History Channel show about notable historical dogfights with
interviews with the surviving pilots and historians intermixed with CGI
recreations of the combat.  The show does a good job of providing the
background for context and walks through the dogfight step by step,
explaining the tactics and reasons.
"Robinson Risner flew an F-86 Saber in Korea at the dawn of the jet age.
There, with a hunter's persistence, he pursued his prey whether Korean,
Chinese or Russian leading to some dramatic air combat adventures. In
1953 Ralph Parr leads a flight of four Sabres hunting sixteen MiG 15s
leading to an extended dogfight. The improvements from the 1951 F-86A to
the 1953 F-86F gave Parr a decisive advantage."
This episode covers several combats during the Korean War.

What Did You Watch?

dirty old man.