Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<usso8i.8to.1@ID-201911.user.individual.net>

From: Frank Slootweg <this@ddress.is.invalid>
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Subject: Re: Samsung account
Date: 13 Mar 2024 16:37:31 GMT

Richmond <dnomhcir@gmx.com> wrote:
> I don't remember why I did it, but I created a Samsung account, probably
> I thought it would be useful or helpful. But then I got pestered for
> ages about agreeing to new terms and conditions. Eventually I signed in
> and agreed to them because there was no way to stop the
> notifications. Then I got pestered with notices about logging into my
> account, although it wasn't me, it was the phone. I've now deleted my
> Samsung account but I wonder what the point of it was, and why I
> couldn't turn of notifications? I would ask Samsung but it seems they
> don't like people contacting them.

  You use/need a Samsung account for Samsung services like Samsung
Cloud, Samsung Pass, Find My Mobile. Samsung apps and services, etc..

  See Settings -> Accounts and backup -> Mange accounts -> <your>
Samsung account -> General -> My profile -> Apps and features.

  Of course it's up to you if you want/need any of these services.

  I only use Samsung Pass (and 'hence' Samsung Cloud).