Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<ust6iv$15lop$1@dont-email.me>

From: super70s <super70s@super70s.invalid>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: Nancy Mace Rips George Stephanopoulos Over Tense Interview About Trump: "Tried To Shame Me As A Rape Victim"
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2024 16:41:51 -0500

On 2024-03-12 08:30:46 +0000, Ubiquitous said:

> Rep. Nancy Mace (R-SC) tore into George Stephanopoulos on Sunday after
> the ABC News anchor asked her to square her endorsement of former
> President Donald Trump with coming forward as a victim of rape.
>
> “I’m not going to sit here on your show and be asked a question meant
> to shame me about another potential rape victim. I’m not going to do
> that,” Mace said on “This Week.”
>
> 	I was brought on to talk about 2024
> instead Clinton crony
> 	turned fake journalist @Gstephanopoulos attacked me and tried
> 	to shame me as a rape victim.
>
> 	Gross.@ThisWeekABC pic.twitter.com/9uNhypsZdO
>
> 	— Nancy Mace (@NancyMace) March 10, 2024
>
> The tense interview began with ABC showing a clip of Mace talking in
> 2o19 about the struggles women such as herself have experienced in
> speaking publicly about being raped.
>
> Stephanopoulos then pressed the congresswoman to explain her support of
> Trump given her personal history and the former president being found
> liable for sexual abuse and defamation in a case brought by E. Jean
> Carroll.
>
> For several minutes, Stephanopoulos kept trying to get Mace to answer
> the question, denying he was trying to humiliate the congresswoman
> while she argued that was exactly what he was doing.
>
> Mace insisted the question was “offensive” and “disgusting.” She added,
> “You’re questioning my political choices because I’ve been raped.”
>
> During the exchange, Mace noted that the judgement against Trump was in
> a civil case rather than a criminal one and pointed to how Carroll
> joked about a spending spree with the judgement money she was awarded.
>
> “It makes it harder for other women to come forward when another woman
> has made a mockery of it,” Mace said.
>
> In sharing insight into her pick for president in the 2024 contest,
> Mace said she “endorsed the man that I believe is best for our country.
> It’s not Joe Biden.”
>
> The interview eventually gave way to Stephanopoulos pressing Mace on
> the U.S. Capitol breach on January 6, 2021, and showing a clip of her
> saying not long after that Trump should be held accountable and not
> hold office again.
>
> Asked why she is supporting Trump now, Mace said that she “listened to
> my voters” in South Carolina “and they’ve moved beyond January 6.”
>
> Mace also said her constituents are concerned about the border crisis
> under President Joe Biden, and she mentioned American citizens, such as
> Laken Riley, who were allegedly murdered by illegal immigrants.
>
> The interview ended with Stephanopoulos claiming that Mace “made it
> very clear” that she was “comfortable with Trump being found liable for
> rape and you’re comfortable for his actions on January 6.”
>
> Mace shot back, accusing Stephanopoulos of “putting words in my mouth.”
>
> In posts to social media that followed, Mace shared the entire video of
> her interview with Stephanopoulos and continued to criticize the
> [...]

Stephanopoulos wasn't "shaming her" for being a rape victim, she just
couldn't answer the legitimate question of why a rape victim would
support someone who had been proven to be a rapist in a civil lawsuit.
Or why she still supports Trump after Jan. 6 when she said at the time
he should be held accountable for it.

Her reaction was histrionic and misguided, and her hypocrisy drips.