Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<ustfr7$17lrr$1@dont-email.me>

From: AJL <noemail@none.com>
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Subject: Re: Samsung account
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2024 17:19:51 -0700
 <ust0b3$149uv$1@dont-email.me> <86y1allws2.fsf@example.com>
 <ust2v7$14rfd$1@dont-email.me> <86ttl9luim.fsf@example.com>
 <ust5ik$15eve$1@dont-email.me>
 <ust9q9$2gae$1@nnrp.usenet.blueworldhosting.com>
 <ustdd7$1772n$1@dont-email.me>
 <uste5e$1u6h$1@nnrp.usenet.blueworldhosting.com>

On 3/13/2024 4:51 PM, Andrew wrote:
> AJL wrote on Wed, 13 Mar 2024 16:38:15 -0700 :
>
>>> And yet, since marketing tells people what to do and they do it, I'm sure
>>> there are millions of Samsung Accounts gathering data every single day.
>>
>> Do you use a credit card? Go to the doctor? Have a bank account? Have a
>> cell phone? Etc etc. Unless you live in a cave your life is already
>> online. Samsung is just one of hundreds...  (And worse, unlike Samsung,
>> my bank, doctor, CC, etc all know my real name)...  8-O
>
> I've heard many people say that privacy is too hard for them, so I believe
> that you gave up long ago

Gave up? No. I do conceal my ID when possible and/or necessary. And I
noticed that you conveniently avoided commenting on your un-private
online profile (CC, doctor, bank, phone, etc etc.). Understood.

>>> I just happen to not want to trade my privacy for what marketing wants me
>>> to do (and which I can get, anyway, without trading it for my privacy).
>>
>> Online privacy in the modern world?? I could have total privacy by
>> putting on the blinders too...
>
> It's easy to be a serf of marketing. Takes nothing. No effort. No brains.
> It's a lot harder not to be one.

> If you can list something of value in having a Samsung Account that is
> worth the loss in privacy, I'm all ears as I've asked for that long ago.

In my case it was mainly a Samsung tablet pop-up stopper with the added
advantage of having the Samsung app store made available. As to privacy,
AJL has never complained about its loss to me...