Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<ustvep$hc$1@reader1.panix.com>

From: Nyssa <Nyssa@LogicalInsight.net>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: Dabney Coleman R.I.P.
Date: Sun, 19 May 2024 18:45:21 -0400

Robin Miller wrote:

> Nyssa wrote:
>> Robin Miller wrote:

>>> He stopped acting in 1986, when he was probably 18:
>>>
>>> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sparky_Marcus
>>>
>>> Maybe went to college?
>>>
>>> Someone with his birth name (Marcus Issoglio) appears to
>>> be a physical therapist living in Yreka, California,
>>> according to LinkedIn:
>>>
>>> https://www.linkedin.com/in/marcus-issoglio-091b3731/
>>>

>>> --Robin
>>>

>> Thanks, Robin! Good detective work. ;)
>>
>> I was impressed with his acting chops on "Mary Hartman,
>> Mary Hartman," but never saw him in any other role.
>>
>> It sounds like he made the decision for himself and
>> landed on his feet with an in-demand career choice.
>> Good for him!
>>
>> Nyssa, who is always pleased to read about a good
>> outcome for talented child actors when they choose
>> a different career path as an adult (knowing that
>> the story doesn't always end well for many kids in
>> the business)
>>

> And the person on LinkedIn went to high school from
> 1983-1986, which is exactly the right age for him. And
> they're both from/in California. I bet that's the same
> person.
>
> --Robin

I'm confident that you're right. The real last name isn't
a common one.

It's very nice to know that he's having a good life and
not a drug-addled derelict living in a gutter somewhere. :)

I thought he was a talented kid when he was on the
Mary Hartman show in a fairly difficult role (serious kid
evangelist with a problematic father he wanted to please).
It seems he has other talents too and has built a stable
life for himself away from LA-LA Land.

Thanks again for doing the digging and research!

Nyssa, who always likes it when a mystery is solved with
a happy ending