Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<ut04co$1tr64$1@dont-email.me>

From: AJL <noemail@none.com>
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Subject: Re: Samsung email app (on Galaxy Tab S9) moves from side to side
 about once a second
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2024 00:22:49 -0000 (UTC)

On 3/14/24 4:14 PM, NY wrote:
>On 14/03/2024 17:39, AJL wrote:
>> On 3/14/24 9:47 AM, NY wrote:
>>> I've installed the Samsung email app on my new Samsung Galaxy Tab S9
>>> and configured two email accounts - both of which can send and receive
>>> email, so the accounts are working OK.
>>>
>>> I notice that the Email icon (and the associated text "Email") on the
>>> home screen constantly moves slightly from side to side among the
>>> rectangular grid that all the app icons are constrained to follow.
>
>> Interesting. I'm posting this with a Samsung Galaxy Tab S9FE (the cheaper
>> model of yours) and it didn't come with a Samsung email app. I didn't
>> notice until now since I use Gmail and the Gmail app did come already
>> installed. (Google: "Take that Samsung") But I checked in the Samsung store
>> and it's there for download so all is not lost if I ever get pissed at
>> Google. Bottom line, I'm not curious enough to download it to see if it
>> does what yours does, sorry. Suggestion if you can't fix it, get another
>> email app, there are sure lots more out there...
>
>I was surprised that the Samsung email app was not pre-installed (eg
>with an icon in the Samsung folder on the desktop) as it was on my
>present phone, a Samsung Galaxy A54, and my previous one which was also
>a Samsung Galaxy of some model from a few years ago. Since I'm used to
>this app on my phone, I chose it for the tablet as well. I'm sure there
>are other apps which are better.

It's probably what one gets used to. I used to use K9 for Gmail but in
 recent years I just use the Gmail app which was already on my Android
 devices when purchased. Then no need going through that password routine
 for using Gmail on an outside email app.

>I wonder if Samsung have decided (or been coerced) not to pre-install
>their own browser and email client, and let people decide which app to
>use, rather like Microsoft had to unbundle Windows Mail / Windows Live
>Mail, and Internet Explorer, and let people chose which programmes they
>wanted.

I chuckle when I install the Chrome browser (in which I read my Gmail) on
 Windows. It begs me not to use it and to use Edge instead...