Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<ut0840$1udkj$1@dont-email.me>

From: Don Y <blockedofcourse@foo.invalid>
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Subject: Re: Chinese downloads overloading my website
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2024 18:26:16 -0700

On 3/14/2024 2:37 PM, bitrex wrote:
> Maybe consider hosting the web server yourself, using a virtual machine/Promox
> as the host and a Cloudflare tunnel for security:

The advantage is that you can institute whatever policies you want.
The DISadvantage is that YOU have to implement those policies!

And, nothing prevents your site from being targeted for a [D]DoS
attack, etc.  Or, any other behavior that increases the cost to
you (in terms of your effort or servicing/hosting fees from
provider(s).

It's often easier (less hassle) to just avail yourself of some
free service to host the content and let THEM worry about
these issues.  (unless you enjoy dicking with this sort of thing)