Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<ut0ok3$24p2h$1@dont-email.me>

From: "Adam H. Kerman" <ahk@chinet.com>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: [OT] Toronto police urge car owners to make things easy for car thieves
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2024 06:08:03 -0000 (UTC)

BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:

>>. . .

>We have it a little different here in L.A. The cops are still firmly on
>the side of the public but they're prohibited from enforcing most of the
>penal code by the politicians. And if they buck the system and make
>arrests anyway, it doesn't do any good because the D.A. refuses to
>prosecute, and if by some miracle your criminal gets arrested, charged,
>and convicted, and sentenced, the state will come around in short order
>and let him out of prison after barely serving 1/5 of his sentence.

So you are living in a Dirty Harry movie, without Lalo Schifrin's music.

We had that two days ago. Man killed a woman's son, and almost killed
her. She was very seriously injured, and pregnant. I don't know if
she'll pull through.

He was paroled out of prison just the day before. He's been and out of
prison on a variety of domestic batteries.