Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<ut1f4a$2993f$1@dont-email.me>

From: FPP <fredp1571@gmail.com>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: Biden Ignites Widespread Backlash For Apologizing Over Calling
 Laken Riley Murder Suspect 'Illegal'
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2024 08:32:08 -0400

On 3/14/24 7:40 PM, The Horny Goat wrote:
> On Wed, 13 Mar 2024 04:56:14 -0400, Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net>
> wrote:
>
>> “There’s even a reference that I don’t remember when my son died,” Biden said
>> in February. “How in the hell dare he raise that? Frankly, when I was asked
>> the question, I thought to myself: It wasn’t any of their damn business.”
>
> As someone who has been through this I could CERTAINLY tell you almost
> to the minute the moment my daughter summoned me to tell me that she
> had called the ambulance and that my wife was passed out in the next
> room to where I'm writing this from. I could also tell you practically
> to the minute when she was pronounced dead and also when they put her
> in a body bag, loaded her on a gurney and wheeled her out of our home
> for the last time.
>
> And while I have felt that some of the inquirers it 'wasn't any of
> their own damn business" I in my grief was lucid enough to fudge it to
> the extent of saying "March 2022" or even "early 2022" rather than
> "9:35pm 7 March 2022" .
>
> So while I feel his grief and obviously know I'm not a public figure
> like he is can tell you there are certain things that you NEVER ever
> forget. [And in that light wonder how one of my relatives mentally
> survived knowing he was accidentally responsible for the death of HIS
> spouse some years earlier. Or whether I could have found milady
> earlier than my daughter did - it was a perfectly normal evening up to
> that - and thus bought her precious time that could have saved her.
>
> So having actually gone through this myself feel that either Biden
> clutched when the microphone was before him or he did a totally inept
> job of avoiding discussing he felt was too close to home to discuss.
> Which given he spends far more time around microphones (by virtue of
> his position) than I do seems implausible.

I never remember the year either of my parents died.  I can get the
month, sometimes... but couldn't swear to the date.

The exact date isn't important.  Other things come to mind and overwhelm
those facts.  The last thing I focus on when my parents come to mind is
a date that happened 38 some odd years ago.

I'm able to date it because I remember my son was only a toddler when he
passed.  Outside of that, it's a blank.

--
"Thou shalt not make a machine in the likeness of a man’s mind." - OC
Bible  25B.G.

Gracie, age 6.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/0es3xolxka455iw/BetterThingsToDo.jpg?dl=0