Article <ut21ef$1vtvj$1@i2pn2.org>
Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<ut21ef$1vtvj$1@i2pn2.org>

From: Richard Damon <richard@damon-family.org>
Newsgroups: comp.theory,sci.logic
Subject: Re: H(D,D)==0 is correct when reports on the actual behavior that it
 sees --outermost H--
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2024 10:44:47 -0700
 <usk8s1$2v4mk$1@dont-email.me> <uskg40$30hr1$2@dont-email.me>
 <usmk7t$3hvpu$1@dont-email.me> <usn4k9$3li08$1@dont-email.me>
 <usn7b3$3m7lb$1@dont-email.me> <usn89c$3m7k2$4@dont-email.me>
 <usp4u1$6nok$1@dont-email.me> <uspnac$aqak$1@dont-email.me>
 <usq00t$1l201$4@i2pn2.org> <usq0ru$caqa$11@dont-email.me>
 <usq8l4$1l201$27@i2pn2.org> <usq9mu$f2ir$1@dont-email.me>
 <usqaeb$1l201$29@i2pn2.org> <usqbfu$fgna$1@dont-email.me>
 <usuni1$1j259$1@dont-email.me> <usvo39$1rdem$1@dont-email.me>
 <usvqg5$1sokd$5@i2pn2.org> <usvrd2$1ru1i$3@dont-email.me>
 <usvta6$1sokd$8@i2pn2.org> <ut035h$1tjqn$1@dont-email.me>
 <ut06h6$1tev8$2@i2pn2.org> <ut06n9$1u3jv$6@dont-email.me>
 <ut0ajf$1tev8$5@i2pn2.org> <ut0bqc$1vmjr$1@dont-email.me>
 <ut0c3a$22qv6$1@dont-email.me> <ut0cek$1vmjr$2@dont-email.me>
 <ut14r4$2711j$1@dont-email.me> <ut1l8v$2afad$1@dont-email.me>
 <ut1v5v$2cfjp$2@dont-email.me> <ut1vgp$2c29l$16@dont-email.me>

On 3/15/24 10:11 AM, olcott wrote:
> On 3/15/2024 12:06 PM, immibis wrote:

>>> Unless some H(D,D) aborts the simulation of its input D(D) never stops
>>> running. The outermost H(D,D) sees this abort criteria first. If the
>>> outermost H(D,D) does not abort its simulation then none of them do.
>>> therefore the outermost H(D,D) is correct to abort its simulation.
>>>

>> What does "some H(D,D)" mean? There is only one H(D,D).
>
> D(D) specifies an infinite chain of H(D,D) unless D(D) is aborted
> at some point. The outermost H(D,D) always has seen a longer execution
> trace than any of the inner ones.

Right, *AT SOME POINT* but not nessesarily HERE.

No, the outermose has seen more execution trace then the innerones have
at the point that H aborts their simulation.

The actual processing of those computations continue on until then make
the exact same decision (since they have the exact same algorithm and
input data).

You don't seem to understand that Turing Machines are not "Programs"
that run on some other piece of hardware or only exist in their
simulation, but are DEFINED to be the FULL COMPUTATIONAL ENGINE, that we
might observe through the simulation, but actually always run to
completion, since Turing Machines have no "off" or "break" switch to
stop them, nor do they need "External Power' to run.

Its sort of like you can't make some Natural Numbers "go away" by trying
to abort the definition that every Natural Number has a successor.

You can't "stop" logic, it just happens. And Turing Machines are a form
of LOGIC, defining their RULES that they WILL follow.