Article <ut25pi$2duoh$1@dont-email.me>
Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<ut25pi$2duoh$1@dont-email.me>

From: Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: Let's go Brandon!
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2024 14:57:18 -0400

President Joe Biden offered praise for Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer’s
recent speech on Israel — despite the fact that Schumer had blasted Israeli
Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and called for early elections — and then
sat in complete silence as his staffers quickly herded members of the press
from the room.

Biden was meeting on Wednesday morning with Irish Prime Minister Leo
Varadkar, and he paused briefly to answer one of the questions shouted by the
reporters who were gathered in the room — namely, “Do you have any comments
on Sen. Schumer’s speech on Israel yesterday?”

WATCH:

	Biden praises Sen. Chuck Schumer's anti-Netanyahu speech: "He made
	a good speech."

	His handlers then promptly and aggressively herd the press out of
	the room.
	pic.twitter.com/qMPzj9kVYw

	— RNC Research (@RNCResearch) March 15, 2024

“Sen. Schumer contacted my staff, my senior staff, he was going to make that
speech, and I’m not going to exag — er — elaborate on the speech, he made a
good speech and I think he expressed serious concern shared not only by him,
but by many Americans,” Biden replied.

All the reporters then began shouting at once, trying to make their questions
heard — but Biden sat back and, with a half smile on his face, did not appear
to even hear the chaotic shouting around him.

Within a few seconds, Biden staffers could be heard joining the fray — and
they quickly shuffled the reporters out of the room as the president remained
silent, moving only to fidget with the pen he was holding in his hands.

Next to him, Prime Minister Varadkar appeared to be mildly amused by the
whole scene. He sat quietly with his hands together in his lap, breaking the
pose briefly to adjust his tie when someone pointed out that it was crooked.

As members of the press got up and left, Biden flashed a wider smile and
waved slightly, appearing to briefly thank them for being there. Through it
all, one staffer could be heard over the reporters repeating, “Let’s go,
let’s go, thanks everyone.”

--
Let's go Brandon!