Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<ut26ku$1rud$1@nnrp.usenet.blueworldhosting.com>

From: Andrew <andrew@spam.net>
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Subject: Re: Can oe tell what apps have used data?
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2024 19:13:35 -0000 (UTC)

Andrew wrote on Fri, 15 Mar 2024 18:29:05 -0000 (UTC) :
Andy Burns wrote on Fri, 15 Mar 2024 08:19:34 +0000 :

>>> I use very little data on my phone, looking at my provider's billing
>>> it's usually only a few kB at a time with the odd 1Mb lump.
>>
>> On stock android you can see how much data is used overall within a
>> month, and per-app how much data has been used in the last four months.
>
> Andy is correct (as usual).
>
> On my Android 13 Samsung Galaxy, it's trivial to see overall data usage by
> Wi-Fi and by each individual app, each sorted by most data per app first.
>
> Settings > Connections > Data usage > Billing cycle & data warning
> Settings > Connections > Data usage > Mobile data usage
> Settings > Connections > Data usage > Wi-Fi data usage
>
> When you click on either of those latter two, you get the choice of
> months backward to survey, with a list of each type of data used by each
> app, in a most to least data sort (at least mine does that by default).

Hi Andy,

I'm unlike 999 out of 1000 posters on this newsgroup, where I think only
you and a few others have at least normal intelligence who can say
something that is believable - years on end - and it's believable.

Idiots like Joerg Lorenz, Alan Baker, AJL & Frank Slootweg notwithstanding.

I don't have access to a Pixel but I'd like to know if what I have is
similar to what you're seeing for each app's data usage on either Wi-Fi or
on Mobile Data for the past month (or two or three, as the case may be).

In that light, can you take a look at these screenshot collages I made for
you just so that you and I can tell if the GUI you have on your Pixel is
kind of sort of similar to the GUI that is native on my Samsung Galaxy?

 <https://i.postimg.cc/4y4JCRXY/datausage.jpg>
 <https://i.postimg.cc/C5wKFfsL/appdatausage.jpg>
 <https://i.postimg.cc/qMM7Sy71/billingcycle.jpg>

Is that pretty much what you see on your Pixel for app data usage?