Article <ut2ct3$2feu4$1@dont-email.me>
Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<ut2ct3$2feu4$1@dont-email.me>

From: Agent Jakanov <mouth@onlegs.org>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Subject: Re: The Lemonade Treatment
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2024 21:00:19 -0000 (UTC)

Agent Jakanov <mouth@onlegs.org> wrote in news:usrdha$pvb1$1@dont-email.me:

> 1st Doctor:
>      The Space Museum

The first episode is one of the spookiest in all of Doctor Who history, but
the story often gets panned because the rest of the episodes don't hold up
the suspense, and the supporting characters are not developed at all.

The Moroks were obviously a metaphor for the British.  They once had a vast
empire, but now it's apparently in decline.  Showing how they had captured
a Dalek and put its casing in a museum was a nice touch, but I think they
should have shown more than that to demonstrate how formidable they once
were.

For the Xerons, we need to see more motivation for why they were so
reluctant to rebel.  Many of them looked like teenage boys and young men,
so maybe they were just trying to impress Vicki.

Vicki came across as capricious and reckless.  This aspect should have been
explored, at least a little, although as a product of its time I can see
why it was promoting revolutions without thinking too much about
consequences..