Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<ut2k0h$2gq3j$1@dont-email.me>

From: kyonshi <gmkeros@gmail.com>
Newsgroups: rec.games.frp.dnd
Subject: Re: Some more gods
Date: Sat, 16 Mar 2024 00:01:37 +0100

On 3/15/2024 11:36 PM, Justisaur wrote:
> Came up with these after someone mentioned a few of the names and
> mentioned they were having trouble coming up with names for their gods
>
> Mosh - CE Lord of the Pit, body-slams, and angry tuneless music
>
> Josh - CN lord of jokes, jibes, pranks, and poking fun.
>
> Bosh - NE god of blunt force
>
> Rosh - LE god of allergies, blood-suckers and diseases.
>
> Fosh - CG god of waves, tubes, boards and going with the flow
>
> Gosh - LG goddess of restraint
>
> Nosh - NG goddess of abundance and food
>
> Cosh - TN god of comfort and money
>
> Losh - LN god of bureaucracy

That's cute. They make some nice petty gods.

I went a bit more back to basics at one point and created this pantheon
years ago, all based on appellations of the Greek/Roman/other gods, with
some Discworld and further fantasy influences.
It's mostly supposed to be a generic pantheon, but I tried to make the
names as obscure as possible. Except Tyche. Because you aren't supposed
to talk about her.

The Gods of Bithynia
  Name - Symbol - Area of Influence
  Kasios the Mighty ('The old lecher')    Lightning Bolt         sky,
thunder, rulership
  Basíleia the Kindly                     Diadem                 women,
marriage, family
  Dawon from the Deep                     Trident                sea, horses
  Kidaria the Plentiful                   Grain
fertility, agriculture, nature, and the seasons
  Itonia the Wise                         Helmet                 wisdom,
handicrafts, defence and strategic warfare
  Adon/Chthon* the Nightly One            Grapes/Key             wine,
celebrations and ecstasy, theatre

/underworld, dead and the riches under the Earth
  Loxias the Enlightened                  Lyre                   light,
knowledge, music, poetry, dreams, prophecy and archery
  Kynthia the Huntress                    Bow and Arrow          hunt,
virginity, childbirth, archery, animals, the moon
  Enyal the Warrior                       Sword                  war,
violence and bloodshed
  Kypris the Beautiful                    Rose                   love,
beauty, desire, sex
  Chalkeús the Mute                       Fire                   fire
and forge
  Enodios the Quick                       Tortoise
commerce, thieves, and messengers
  Hestia the Friendly/Welcoming           Hearth                 hearth,
domesticity, family
  Vejovis the Scaled                      Serpent
marshland and earthquakes, medicine, healing.
  Triodia the Arcane                      Crossroads             magic,
magic users, and crossroads
  Nomios the Wild                         Flute                  wild,
shepherds and flocks, sex, nature, hunting and rustic music
  Anantios (Anancy) the Sly               Spider web
spiders, trickster, knowledge
  Tyche ('Luck','The Lady'**)             Coin                   luck,
gambling
* one god who personifies two different aspects, this is a widely-known
mystery of his cults
**'the One-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named-(no!-the-other-one)', general consensus
is that if you call to her she will go away