Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<ut39cl$2o6lv$1@dont-email.me>

From: Agent Jakanov <mouth@onlegs.org>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Subject: Re: The Lemonade Treatment
Date: Sat, 16 Mar 2024 05:06:29 -0000 (UTC)

doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor) wrote in
news:ut2vhq$q64$1@gallifrey.nk.ca:

>>> REgen crisis was a bad idea!
>>
>>Regeneration crises are almost a tradition in Doctor Who.  At least
>>they tried to do something different with it, even if the execution
>>was lacking.
>
> They never were until JN-T introduced it!

Untrue.  The 3rd Doctor was incapacitated for a large part of his first
story.  The intro stories for the 5th and 10th Doctors copied this.

Terrance Dicks own novelization confirmed that the 4th Doctor acted really
strange and bonkers for an extended period after his regeneration, although
much of it was offscreen, such as his first encounter with Xoanon.  The
11th Doctor's intro copied this.

The 7th and 8th Doctors were very unsure of who they were for a while.

The 6th Doctor's regeneration crisis could have been better executed.  In a
later scene, a parallel was implied between Hugo almost shooting the
Doctor, thinking he had kidnapped the Twins and destroyed his fleet, and
the Doctor almost killing Peri, because they both had experienced traumas,
but the direction of the story does not make it clear.