Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<ut4mer$30srr$1@dont-email.me>

From: Agent Jakanov <mouth@onlegs.org>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Subject: Re: The Lemonade Treatment
Date: Sat, 16 Mar 2024 17:55:40 -0000 (UTC)

doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor) wrote in news:ut4f2g$ahs$1
@gallifrey.nk.ca:

> In article <xn0oje8jx3st04o00c@news.eternal-september.org>,
> Blueshirt <blueshirt@indigo.news> wrote:

>>In fairness, a regeneration crisis doesn't have to mean
>>physically attacking your companion. It's just Saward/JNT
>>thought it'd be a good idea for the Sixth Doctor.
>>

> IT was a bad idea!
>
>>The Third Doctor attacking Liz Shaw would have been unthinkable!
>
> Exactly!!

The difference is, we're stuck with the first one, because it actually
happened on screen.  So the question becomes, how to we make it more
palatable by adding more context to it?

It's fine for the Doctor to be unstable and erratic, but it should have
been balanced out with more lucid moments.  The Doctor should have
apologized to Peri by the end of the story, even if he didn't fully
remember what he had done.

There also should have been some scenes between Peri and another character
(such as Hugo) questioning why she tolerates the Doctor's behavior towards
her, hinting about her previous abuse and dependency.

The Doctor was still suffering from the after-effects of the Spectrox
toxemia. The 5th Doctor sacrificed his life so Peri could live, so
indirectly that makes her responsible for his death.