Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<ut4tdh$32464$2@dont-email.me>

From: -hh <recscuba_google@huntzinger.com>
Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Subject: Re: This FOSS Thang :-)
Date: Sat, 16 Mar 2024 15:54:25 -0400

On 3/12/24 2:16 PM, Nuxxie wrote:
> On Tue, 12 Mar 2024 13:43:52 -0400, -hh wrote:
>

>> What we've seen with some Linux fanboy braggarts
>>

> Why thank you.  Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha!
>

>> is that one can write
>> very speedy code if one optimistically assumes that there's no on ever
>> doing anything malicious to hack into a system,
>>

> I can state, not optimistically but with absolute certainty, that there
> is/has/will no one ever doing anything malicious to hack into my system.
>
> Nope.  Never has.  Never will.

That you know of.  Unfortunately, when your system is absent of security
crosschecks, you basically have no way of knowing.

>> so there's zero overhead
>> to validate/sandbox the inputs.
>>

> It's not just valdating the inputs but a plethora of other things that
> the distros enforct that really, truly, and unequivocally degrade the
> performance of system.

Sure, but one needs only but one simple example for simple minds.

> Distro lackeys, like you, are using deliberately crippled systems.

Where what "crippled" means is, of course, left conveniently vague.

>> Fortunately, CPU power now easily exceeds the 80% use case demands,
>>

> Not MY use case.

Oh, for you I agree:  state of the shelf CPUs from a decade ago easily
exceeds 200% of what you actually use or need.

> But then that's just more excuse mongering from an idiot that is forced
> to use a crippled system and is helplessly trapped therein.

Allegedly "crippled"...which is still conveniently unspecified.

-hh