Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<ut503v$32sr5$1@dont-email.me>

From: "Adam H. Kerman" <ahk@chinet.com>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-03-15 (Friday)
Date: Sat, 16 Mar 2024 20:40:31 -0000 (UTC)

Arthur Lipscomb <arthur@alum.calberkeley.org> wrote:

>The Frighteners (blu-ray) 1996 horror comedy directed by Peter Jackson
>and starring Michael J. Fox as a conman who uses his ability to see and
>talk to ghosts to con people until he stumbles upon the ghost of a
>serial killer who hasn't let being dead slow him down.

I sort of like this movie, but it falls apart in the middle. I've read
that the version distributed in the United States is heavily edited of
the New Zealand version. I've never seen what Peter Jackson intended. I
just looked; there's a director's cut that's 12 minutes longer. Also,
there are two different DVDs for home video, the second with
inferior audio.

Any idea what version you watched?

>Halo (Paramount+) - "Thermopylae" - Penultimate episode.  I forgot to
>mention I watched this the other day. In this week's episode something
>almost happened!  In fact I was so sure something was going to happen
>that I even stood up to focus my attention on the screen just as the
>show ended and the credits rolled.  In next week's finale, something is
>sure to happen.

Ouch