Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<ut53i5$33eia$3@dont-email.me>

From: Chris Ahlstrom <OFeem1987@teleworm.us>
Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Subject: Re: X is Alive!
Date: Sat, 16 Mar 2024 17:39:17 -0400

chrisv wrote this copyrighted missive and expects royalties:

> Chris Ahlstrom wrote:
>
>>Buncha communist pinko liberal Linux lovers around here! :-D
>
> There are more conservative Linux lovers, it seems.  Freedom lovers
> are mostly on the right, collectivists and tyrants are mostly on the
> left.

Overgeneralization. For example, some on the "right" want to curtail the
self-determination of women; one even thinks they should not be allowed to
vote. Or, businessmen should have freedom to do what they want regardless
of the effect on their employees or the environment.

Rather than "left" and "right", it seems to me to be more like "zealots"
and "pragmatists".

But we could argue for a long time about the details. And what "freedom" means.
We generally cannot do or say anything we want to without consequences.

--
You need more time; and you probably always will.