Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<ut5604$343ja$1@dont-email.me>

From: Rhino <no_offline_contact@example.com>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: The Gentlemen
Date: Thu, 7 Mar 2024 20:59:08 -0500

I just watched the first episode of The Gentlemen, which Netflix
dropped today, and thought I'd put in a good word for it. I'll be brief
and avoid any major spoilers.

A British captain serving in UN peacekeeping forces on the border
between Turkey and Syria gets word that his father is about to die. He
rushes home and it turns out that he is the younger son of a very
wealthy Lord. His father dies within minutes of his return (of natural
causes). At the reading of the will, a very surprising development
launches the story. Essentially, an attempt to help his elder brother
with substantial debts faces one hurdle after the next that involves
Rather Bad People.

The lead is Theo James who is not well known on this side of The Pond,
although he did put on an American accent to star in a short-lived cop
show, Golden Boy, a few years back. He's been in a bunch of other
things I haven't seen but you may be familiar with, like several
Divergent films, two Witcher films, Sanditon, The Time Traveler's Wife
and The White Lotus. Vinnie Jones is in the cast as well; I remember
people being excited about him being in Gallivant. The others are
British character actors or people I've never seen in anything.

It's full of surprises so far so I'm going to stick around to the
end unless it turns awful. There are 8 episodes altogether with episodes
ranging in length from slightly over an hour to 43 minutes. I have no
idea if there are plans to make additional seasons if it is successful.

--
Rhino