Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<ut56qn$346lo$1@dont-email.me>

From: "Ian J. Ball" <ijball@mac.invalid>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: Selected programming for March 16-19, 2024
Date: Sat, 16 Mar 2024 15:35:03 -0700

On 3/16/24 2:50 PM, Robin Miller wrote:

>          Previously released:
>

> The Autopsy of Jane Doe       (movie)        (Netflix, March 15)
>
> A father-son team of small-town coroners performs an autopsy on an
> unidentified woman with mysterious injuries and a terrifying secret.
> 2016 film starring Brian Cox, Emile Hirsch, and Olwen Kelly; 1h 26m.

This is hardly new, and has already been passed around to pretty much
every other streamer I can think of (except D+).

>          Saturday, March 16
>

> The Camp Host      (movie)       (3:01 am, Tubi)
>
> When a young couple and their dog lodge at an idyllic campground, things
> turn terrifying when the owner reveals herself as a psychopathic killer.
> Stars Rachel Colwell, Dillon Casey and Brooke Johnson; 1h 35m.

Looks incredibly "Meh"...

> Friday Night Sext Scandal     (movie)        (8 pm, Lifetime Channel)
>
> Inspired by real stories, Friday Night Sext Scandal exposes the practice
> of young boys “hunting” nude photographs of female classmates in order
> to share and trade with others. When 16-year-old Shawn (Anthony
> Timpano), a talented football athlete, lands a spot in the starting
> lineup, he is welcomed into the team’s inner circle. However, he soon
> discovers that these elite players are involved in a sick, secret game
> that is playing out under the noses of their community. Teenage boys are
> hunting for and posting nude photographs of their female classmates on a
> covert website where “bounties” on targeted girls are placed, and the
> compromising images are traded like baseball cards. Just as Shawn is
> riding the high of being on the team and with the girls at school, he
> suffers a serious knee injury that takes him out for the season. Feeling
> a loss of his new identity and wanting to maintain his status with his
> teammates, Shawn gives in to pressure and engages in his own secret
> “hunt,” keeping his best friend Lauren (Keana Lyn Bastidas), and
> strong-willed mother, Lucinda (Tara Nicodemo), from knowing. But when
> the site and nude photographs of the teenage girls are discovered,
> Lucinda and others fight to hold those accountable, only to learn a
> devastating truth about those involved. Devyn Nekoda also stars.

I'll probably watch this, though I can't say I'm looking forward to it...

>          Sunday, March 17
>

> Sweetly Salted        (movie)          (7 pm, UPtv)
>
> Alison remains notoriously anonymous when critiquing restaurants. But
> when she accidentally goes viral for trashing a new restaurant, her
> editor insists she make amends by going undercover as a prep cook for
> the chef she maligned. 2023 film starring Lanie McAuley and William
> Martinez.

And speaking of "Meh"!

> Killing for Extra Credit    (movie)        (8 pm, Lifetime Channel)
>
> When a mysterious social media account begins to post blind items about
> the scandals of a small-town high school, a troubled teen and her best
> friend set out to unmask the culprit­with deadly consequences. Stars
> Matreya Scarrwener, Jake T. Austin, and Quinten James.

Sure, if nothing else to see Max Russo all grown up!!

> Call the Midwife      (season 13 premiere)         (8 pm, PBS)
>
> 8 episodes; the Christmas special was shown on Christmas 2023. Already
> renewed for seasons 14 and 15.

No!

>          Monday, March 18
>

>      Streaming:
>

> Young Royals: Forever      (documentary special)        (1 pm, Netflix)
>
>  From casting to the final scene, this special shows how the cast and
> crew of "Young Royals" brought Wilhelm and Simon's heartwarming journey
> to life.
>
> The show's final episode is also released today at 1 pm ET.

Are they kidding?!

>          Tuesday, March 19
>

>      Broadcast and cable:
>

> None.