Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<ut58bu$34ac5$1@dont-email.me>

From: "Ian J. Ball" <ijball@mac.invalid>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: TV news for March 9-16, 2024
Date: Sat, 16 Mar 2024 16:01:18 -0700

On 3/16/24 2:50 PM, Robin Miller wrote:

>      ABC news
>

> ‘Station 19’ Bosses Encourage Viewers To Watch & Tweet Season 7, Echoing
> Fan-Led Campaign To Save Show  (March 14)

[finger!]

It's terrible!!

>      CBS news
>

> Detective Drama ‘Grace’ In The Works At CBS From DeVon Franklin As
> Producer Reups Overall Deal With CBS Studios  (March 15)
>
> https://deadline.com/2024/03/detective-drama-grace-cbs-devon-franklin-renews-overall-deal-cbs-studios-1235859543/
>
> ["Grace follows a true-blue detective known for his brash, cynical style
> and a passionate, community-focused pastor who wears her heart on her
> sleeve reluctantly partner to solve complex crimes as they debate their
> divergent beliefs while attempting to ignore their growing chemistry."]

Zzzzzzzz...

> ‘NCIS: Origins’ Sets Mariel Molino To Join Austin Stowell In CBS Prequel
> Series  (March 15)
>
> https://deadline.com/2024/03/ncis-origins-mariel-molino-austin-stowell-cbs-prequel-1235859580/

Pass!

> Is CBS Daytime Poised For Shakeup? Soap ‘The Gates’ In Works Raises
> Questions For Future Of ‘The Talk’  (March 14)
>
> https://deadline.com/2024/03/cbs-new-soap-the-gates-the-talk-1235856210/

In other news, I really wish NBC would bring DOOL back from Peacock...

> ‘Ghosts’ Renewed For Season 4 At CBS  (March 12)
>
> https://deadline.com/2024/03/ghosts-renewed-season-4-cbs-1235856169/

Not surprising.

> ‘Fire Country’ Scores Season 3 Renewal At CBS  (March 12)
>
> https://deadline.com/2024/03/fire-country-season-3-renewal-cbs-1235856143/

[roll]

>      CW news
>

> The CW, Roku, Stan & Jeff Wachtel Team For Comedic Procedural ‘Good
> Cop/Bad Cop’ Starring Leighton Meester  (March 11)
>
> https://deadline.com/2024/03/stan-cw-roku-jeff-wachtel-good-cop-bad-cop-streamer-slate-australia-1235854386/

Did I beat Robin on this?!  O:)

>      NBC news
>

> ‘Suits L.A.’: Bryan Greenberg Joins Stephen Amell In NBC Pilot  (March 14)
>
> https://deadline.com/2024/03/suits-l-a-bryan-greenberg-stephen-amell-nbc-pilot-1235859058/

I'm definitely interested in sampling this one.

But watch them put it at 10pm where I can probably never watch it!

>      Cable channel news
>

> Charlotte Le Bon Joins ‘The White Lotus’ Season 3 In Recasting [HBO]
> (March 16)
>
> https://deadline.com/2024/03/white-lotus-charlotte-le-bon-replaces-francesca-corney-season-3-recasting-1235860095/

Kind of too bad, as I was curious if Corney could pull it off... Guess
we have our answer!

> ‘Snowpiercer’: AMC Picks Up [Final] Season 4 After TNT Scrapped Sci-Fi
> Drama  (March 14)
>
> https://deadline.com/2024/03/snowpiercer-amc-picks-up-season-4-1235858793/
>
> ["The first three seasons of the show will stream on AMC+ later this
> year and season 4 will air on the linear network and the streaming
> service in early 2025."]

YES! [fist pump]

Though it's a little annoying that they don't intend to air the first 3
seasons on AMC proper. (I wonder if they will change their minds on this...)

[And, yes - I acknowledge that Robin beat me on this one. [bow] )

> ‘Power Book II: Ghost’ To End With Season 4 [Starz]  (March 14)
>
> https://deadline.com/2024/03/power-book-ii-ghost-canceled-1235858542/

Amazing how many of these there are, and how long they all lasted!

> ‘Power’ Franchise Expanding Again With Ghost & Tommy Prequel Series In
> Development At Starz  (March 13)
>
> https://deadline.com/2024/03/power-franchise-ghost-tommy-prequel-series-starz-1235857262/

Oh, come on!!

> ‘Real Time With Bill Maher’ Renewed By HBO Through 2026  (March 13)
>
> https://deadline.com/2024/03/real-time-with-bill-maher-renewed-hbo-2026-1235857494/

Reddit commies gnash their teeth!!

>      Streaming service news--Apple TV+
>

> Amanda Peet Joins ‘Your Friends And Neighbors’ Apple Series, Craig
> Gillespie To Direct  (March 14)
>
> https://deadline.com/2024/03/amanda-peet-your-friends-and-neighbors-apple-craig-gillespie-1235859029/
>
> ["Based on an original idea by [Warrior creator Jonathan] Tropper, Your
> Friends and Neighbors stars Hamm as Coop, a recently divorced hedge fund
> manager who, after being fired, resorts to stealing from the wealthy
> residents in his tony upstate New York suburb in order to keep his
> family’s lifestyle afloat. These petty crimes begin to reinvigorate him
> until he breaks into the wrong house at the wrong time."]

Theoretically interested (but practically won't have the time for it...).

> Owen Wilson To Star In Golf Comedy Series For Apple From Jason Keller
> (March 12)
>
> https://deadline.com/2024/03/owen-wilson-golf-comedy-series-apple-jason-keller-1235856390/

A definite "maybe".

>      Streaming service news--Disney+
>

> ‘X-Men ’97’ Writer Beau DeMayo Exits Marvel/Disney+ Animated Series Just
> Ahead Of Premiere  (March 12)
>
> https://deadline.com/2024/03/x-men-97-beau-demayo-exits-marvel-disney-plus-animated-series-1235856406/

Yeah, Reddit was talking about this - definitely something screwy going
on here...

>      Streaming service news--Hulu
>

> ‘The Bear’ Quietly Renewed For Season 4 To Film Back To Back With Season
> 3 – The Dish [Hulu]  (March 14)
>
> https://deadline.com/2024/03/the-bear-renewed-season-4-film-back-to-back-season-3-1235858685/

Wow - a streaming series that doesn't take 2 years between seasons! What
a shocking development!!1!

> Zach Galifianakis Joins ‘Only Murders In The Building’ Season 4 As
> Recurring [Hulu]  (March 10)
>
> https://deadline.com/2024/03/zach-galifianakis-cast-only-murders-in-the-building-season-4-recurring-1235852655/

Is Anim out anyway?!...