Article <ut5v0b$23hsc$26@i2pn2.org>
Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<ut5v0b$23hsc$26@i2pn2.org>

From: Richard Damon <richard@damon-family.org>
Newsgroups: comp.theory,sci.logic
Subject: Re: Proof that H(D,D) meets its abort criteria --self-evident truth--
Date: Sat, 16 Mar 2024 22:27:39 -0700
 <ut26mi$2e06s$5@dont-email.me> <ut27l8$1vtvj$17@i2pn2.org>
 <ut283n$2e06s$9@dont-email.me> <ut2ava$1vtvi$14@i2pn2.org>
 <ut2dml$2ffu8$3@dont-email.me> <ut2h1a$1vtvj$24@i2pn2.org>
 <ut2iqa$2gkoj$1@dont-email.me> <ut2ler$1vtvj$28@i2pn2.org>
 <ut32q0$2n0uu$2@dont-email.me> <ut33k7$218kg$2@i2pn2.org>
 <ut34k2$2n0uu$6@dont-email.me> <ut377b$218kh$3@i2pn2.org>
 <ut4dt4$2v4ce$1@dont-email.me> <ut5d34$23hsb$8@i2pn2.org>
 <ut5env$35hhq$2@dont-email.me> <ut5kdc$36l75$1@dont-email.me>
 <ut5ksp$36j8b$1@dont-email.me> <ut5lqf$23hsc$19@i2pn2.org>
 <ut5m1g$3aia1$2@dont-email.me> <ut5p9q$23hsb$15@i2pn2.org>
 <ut5qc9$3bau4$1@dont-email.me> <ut5qk2$23hsc$20@i2pn2.org>
 <ut5qml$3bau4$5@dont-email.me> <ut5r44$23hsc$21@i2pn2.org>
 <ut5re9$3bau4$6@dont-email.me> <ut5rr8$23hsb$18@i2pn2.org>
 <ut5sfc$3bm5k$2@dont-email.me> <ut5t56$23hsc$24@i2pn2.org>
 <ut5tc3$3bq8h$1@dont-email.me> <ut5tm8$23hsb$20@i2pn2.org>
 <ut5tt8$3bq8h$3@dont-email.me>

On 3/16/24 10:08 PM, olcott wrote:
> On 3/17/2024 12:05 AM, Richard Damon wrote:

>>> We never validated that it is definitely correct.
>>>

>> How do we know?
>>

> (a) If simulating abort decider H correctly simulates its input D until
> H correctly determines that its simulated D would never stop running
> unless aborted then
>
> Do you understand that spec?

Yes, but you don't seem to agree with my understanding, and can not
actualy define it in any other way.

(a) is NOT a algorithm, but a specification, so something we need to
check AFTER we have defined H.

because, it include words requiring it to know the right answer before
it can act on them.

You have shown he algorithm you THINK meets this spec, but it fails the
test.

To test if a given machine needed to abort a simulation that it aborted,
you give that input to an actual pure simulator and see if it stop. If
it does, then the machine did not NEED to abort its simulation, and thus
failed to meet the specification.

We can't "change" H to test it, as that changes the question being asked
of it, we can only give its input to something else related, that by
doing so we don't change the input, or the H itself.

Remember, Machines do what they do and only what they do and don't do
anything else.

And, Get the right answer is not an algorithmic step.