Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<ut7o2u$3oeuh$1@dont-email.me>

From: The Real Bev <bashley101@gmail.com>
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Subject: Re: No fault cell phone law
Date: Sun, 17 Mar 2024 14:41:50 -0700

On 3/17/24 1:44 PM, Frank Slootweg wrote:
> The Real Bev <bashley101@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On 3/17/24 9:27 AM, Frank Slootweg wrote:
> [...]
>> >    The Real Bev severely cut the 'Newsgroups: line (without saying so).
>> > The original list apparently was:
>> >
>> > Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android,misc.phone.mobile.iphone,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.society.liberalism,talk.politics.guns
>> >
>> >    I think that says enough.
>>
>> Mea culpa, I usually mention that other newsgroups were snipped.
>
>    When you do, please also note *which* newsgroups were snipped, so
> readers are informed, especially about troll-groups like this.

No.  The only readers will be those in the group that *I* am reading,
and those are the only ones I'm concerned with.  It's sufficient to say
"other groups snipped".  If anyone is interested they can look at

>> I snip for two reasons.  The most important one is that I refuse to
>> encourage flamage, which is apparently the intent of many original
>> posts.  The second is that Thunderbird refuses to send to more than one
>> newsserver at a time.  Since I have no way of knowing (without spending
>> far more time than is warranted) which groups come from which servers, I
>> snip the ones I'm not involved in.
>
>    Crossposting doesn't involve multiple news*servers*, only multiple
> news*groups*. However it is possible that your newsserver (Eternal
> September) limits the number of groups in a crosspost. AFAIK, 4 is a
> common limit. The OP was crossposted to 5 groups.

No idea, but I take TB's word for it. It doesn't make sense to me
either. Next time I'll try x-posting to all of them and quote the exact
error message.

>> I do apologize for not giving notice, though.
>
>    No worries, just pay attention on the crosswalk when I'm approaching!

Always!  Well, you have to actually be IN it, not just approaching.

--
Cheers, Bev
   "Attention: All virgins report to Paradise immediately!!