Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<ut7o86.j3k.1@ID-201911.user.individual.net>

From: Frank Slootweg <this@ddress.is.invalid>
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Subject: Re: No fault cell phone law
Date: 17 Mar 2024 20:44:46 GMT

The Real Bev <bashley101@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 3/17/24 9:27 AM, Frank Slootweg wrote:
[...]
> >    The Real Bev severely cut the 'Newsgroups: line (without saying so).
> > The original list apparently was:
> >
> > Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android,misc.phone.mobile.iphone,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.society.liberalism,talk.politics.guns
> >
> >    I think that says enough.
>
> Mea culpa, I usually mention that other newsgroups were snipped.

  When you do, please also note *which* newsgroups were snipped, so
readers are informed, especially about troll-groups like this.

> I snip for two reasons.  The most important one is that I refuse to
> encourage flamage, which is apparently the intent of many original
> posts.  The second is that Thunderbird refuses to send to more than one
> newsserver at a time.  Since I have no way of knowing (without spending
> far more time than is warranted) which groups come from which servers, I
> snip the ones I'm not involved in.

  Crossposting doesn't involve multiple news*servers*, only multiple
news*groups*. However it is possible that your newsserver (Eternal
September) limits the number of groups in a crosspost. AFAIK, 4 is a
common limit. The OP was crossposted to 5 groups.

> I do apologize for not giving notice, though.

  No worries, just pay attention on the crosswalk when I'm approaching!