Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<ut8dsm$67f$1@dont-email.me>

From: Arthur Lipscomb <arthur@alum.calberkeley.org>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-03-16 (Saturday)
Date: Sun, 17 Mar 2024 20:53:49 -0700

On 3/17/2024 5:59 PM, anim8rfsk wrote:
> Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:
>> While recovering from a back injury, I watched:
>>

> AMERIGEDDON (2016)
>
> If this was a lot better, it might be bad enough to be an asylum film. Evil
> terrorists shut down the power grid in the USA. We know this because people
> in their lit homes are watching the news broadcast from the completely
> electrified studios. A bunch of people who don’t even pretend to be actors,
> directed in their dialogue by the son of Chuck Norris. Just awful.

No asteroids heading to Earth?

> IRON CHEF
>
> The original series; episodes from season five. I kept flipping away
> because they were eating horrible stuff and saying stupid things about it.
> Turtle soup made in the turtles own shell (upside down).  Tuna, cooked in
> peanut oil and moon salt, which is salt that is only harvested underwater
> during the full moon, and as the pretty actress judge tells us, has magical
> powers. And of course, whole octopus.
>

> THE BLACKOUT - INVASION EARTH
>
> A bunch of episodes of a series strung together into a “movie” where
> everything gets killed, except for a big radius, that includes a hunk of
> Russia and the Ukraine. Completely uninteresting.

I saw this a few years ago.  At least when I watched it, it was
presented as a regular movie.  I wonder if you saw a different cut.  I
don't remember it at all, but apparently I liked it at the time.  Late
next year I plan to watch a bunch of Russian sci-fi movies and this will
be one of them.  I'll see if it holds up on second viewing.

> ALEXANDER: THE MAKING OF A GOD
> THE BOY KING
>
> Well, I thought this was actually going to be some sort of scripted
> adventure show, but it turned out to be one of those phony documentaries
> with phony experts, just spewing nonsense.  Not why I quit the Netflix but
> if I had the Netflix, I’d quit it now.
>

> THE SILENT SERVICE
>
> Submarine movie with no English audio track. Quit quickly.
>

> MASTERS OF THE AIR Part Nine
>
> The finale.

I may get to this eventually.