Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<ut9e9k$68nq$1@dont-email.me>

From: "Ian J. Ball" <ijball@mac.invalid>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-03-17 (Sunday)
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2024 06:07:00 -0700

On 3/18/24 1:30 AM, Ubiquitous wrote:

> What did you watch?

I am mostly on target to get everything major work-related finished up
this week, so that next week I can vacation. But it again meant TV
watching wasn't the focus... Still, I got through:

Night Court (2023) (Peacock) - "Hold the Pickles, Keep the Change" (ep.
#2.5).
    Abby finds out that her ex-fiance from season #1 (not shown on
screen) is seeing somebody new, Upstate, and it drives her nuts. So the
new clerk Wyatt has to try to help her through it. In an amusing bit,
Olivia tries to romance an ambulance chasing lawyer (Rob Huebel, who is
pretty much my age, but looks so old now because his hair is 100%
gray!), but is c***blocked at every opportunity by the lawyer's even
shadier partner! (Paul Scheer). And Flobert is back, getting into food
trouble with Dan, with Gergs warning them that Flobert has one foot in
the grave! (Don't worry - Flobert doesn't die!!)

golf - Final Day at The Players Championship at Sawgrass.
    Well, this was a drag... At the end of Day 3, Scottie Scheffler had
managed to position himself at the very edge of contention. On Day 4, he
shot something like a 64, vaulting past Day 3 leaders Xander Schauffele
and Wyndham Clark to take the lead. Down the stretch, Schauffele just
couldn't keep it together enough to reclaim the lead. Meanwhile, Clark
had a chance to tie, and force a playoff with Scheffler, on the 18th
hole, but had the most unfortunate "spin-out" birdie putt attempt I
think I have ever seen! So Scheffler won the Players for the second year
in a row (first person to win back-to-back at the Players).

soaps: DOOL - Mostly drama about: John - Steve finally confesses to
Marlena about John's first mission as "The Pawn", which got
Constantine's daughter killed; at the same time, Constantine confronts
John about killing his daughter all those years ago, and swears revenge!
sweet revenge!! And: Holly pleads with EJ not to press charges against
Tate, while Tate's parents castigate him for breaking into the DiMera
mansion to see Holly. Holly sneaks out to the cop shop to try to see
Tate but is prevented by Jada... Finally, Harris (I'm shocked he is
still on DOOL - Steve Burton is currently doing "double duty" here and
on GH!) confronts EJ about Stefan (who has disappeared), implying that
EJ is in on the conspiracy with Clyde, along with Stefan.

Killing for Extra Credit (Lifetime) - I have to give them credit - there
were about 17 things going on in this flick (16 of which were
"distractors"!!), so they really kept the viewer busy!
    But, on the main "mystery", I ended up being right on target (hint:
it's all about the casting!!).
    This one starred Matreya Scarrwener (too old to be playing high
schoolers now!) as a high school senior who had been socially "ruined"
by a sexting scandal the year before. Her besties are a rich bitch...
and Jake T. Austin! (geezus! Austin is now *29*! 29!!?! - so also too
old to be playing a HS'er!) who is some sort of computer genius.
    Soon enough, a "Gossip Girl"-like social media account called "Extra
Credit" springs up, and begins revealing prominent students' secrets.
Scarrwener's character is outraged, having been a victim of something
similar the year before, and wants to investigate, but "Extra Credit"
warns her off.
    About a million different things happen from here - I think there
were something like 2-3 other "mysteries" to resolve over the course of
the film. But the final reveal of the ID of "Extra Credit" was no
surprise to anyone who was paying half-attention.
    Anyway, I mostly enjoyed this one, for it's over-the-top silliness.

What did you watch?