Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<ut9odl$8d7g$1@dont-email.me>

From: Chris Ahlstrom <OFeem1987@teleworm.us>
Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Subject: Re: This FOSS Thang :-)
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2024 11:59:49 -0400

-hh wrote this copyrighted missive and expects royalties:

> On 3/12/24 5:29 PM, Chris Ahlstrom wrote:
>
>> My gawd, GIMP on Linux is a second or two for the launch. On Windows it
>> is that time just to know that your click worked.
>
> Except for when it isn't.  Launch time really doesn't mean all that much
> anymore IMO, as its not an all that frequently repeated of an activity
> (especially with adequate RAM), ...

I prefer a faster launch time when I am eager to edit a PNG.

> plus also because some software vendors
> have manipulated their code to put the UI up quickly so that it looks
> ready while it technically isn't yet - YMMV as to how much this design
> decision is manipulating user perceptions.

The thing about GIMP on Windows is that, until I got used to how slow it was to
even make something appear, I would end up with two copies of GIMP running.
And maybe get an error like: "Error renaming temporary file: Permission
denied".

For using, using Windows is like being pecked to death by ducks.

--
You are magnetic in your bearing.