Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<utakmb$1hfsf$1@solani.org>

From: Physfitfreak <Physfitfreak@gmail.com>
Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy,sci.physics
Subject: Re: A Problem To Solve :-)
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2024 19:02:19 -0500
 <uohk04$ndab$2@solani.org> <up4385$11vs3$1@solani.org>
 <upl2ru$19kpu$1@solani.org> <upq42l$1c60v$1@solani.org>
 <ups2ld$1d50k$3@solani.org> <uqchvt$1b5k$1@solani.org>
 <uqj214$4n5g$1@solani.org> <uqscuu$9b97$1@solani.org>
 <ur45p8$db29$1@solani.org> <urlmqs$mk3p$1@solani.org>
 <uru46k$r281$1@solani.org> <us803n$vq9u$1@solani.org>
 <usdil4$12kro$1@solani.org> <usl7l5$16vel$1@solani.org>
 <ut5b51$1eobe$1@solani.org> <ut615g$1feb3$1@solani.org>
 <17bdf38bb2cafa5a$2419$1543563$802601b3@news.usenetexpress.com>
 <utab32$1hbvf$1@solani.org> <l5s099FpnogU3@mid.individual.net>

On 3/18/2024 6:15 PM, rbowman wrote:
> On Mon, 18 Mar 2024 16:18:26 -0500, Physfitfreak wrote:
>
>> Perhaps you tried salt using too much of it. A very little amount of
>> salt, about the size of an aspirin pill, is all that's needed. Salt is
>> abrasive and anti-microbial. It is to a little extent abrasive to gums
>> as well, which in fact is beneficial, stimulating them to regenerate
>> faster and develop slightly thicker skin. And works well if you brush
>> your teeth just once a day, best at night before sleeping.
>
> Salt and a well chewed willow branch -- field expedient dental care.
> it's right up there with wiping your ass with poison ivy.

The previous tenant of one of my past residences had planted poison ivy
all around the yard, by the walls, making it impossible for someone to
jump down inside his yard over the walls without getting a good dose of
it on his pants and shoes. The walls were just very tall strong metal
mesh and see-through, so those who knew better wouldn't even try.

But that was good for someone without cats. So almost right away I
carefully removed all the poison ivy in that yard and cut them into and
inside a food processor with plastic walls. Ran it to a rough paste,
then extracted the juice into a little glass container through a piece
of cotton cloth, using force, and not knowing what I was going to do
with the juice. Then I noticed, when I went back into kitchen to wash
the food processor, that the inner plastic wall had been irregularly
eaten away! I cleaned it anyway and I still have it, with the deep scars
on the inner wall.

So whatever it is that's in poison ivy, it even eats plastics.

To make sure the juice (light green color) is potent, not just the
leaves, I dabbed a tiny bit of it on my thigh, and quickly wiped it dry,
and a couple of days later even with two full showers in between, a
wound began to form at that spot and developed worse and worse for a few
days to the full blown stage, then took three or four weeks or more to
heal! Scar and the discolored spot of it lasing months more.

I kept the little bottle for a few years, then eventually poured the
content down the toilet. Very nasty stuff. I bet cro-magnons use it as
chemical weapon in some form or shape.