Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<utbtj2$pkre$9@dont-email.me>

From: Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Mike Rowe Easily Handles CNN During Interview About Possibly Joining RFK Jr. Ticket
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2024 04:30:47 -0400

Mike Rowe easily handled CNN during an interview about the possibility that
he could join Robert F. Kennedy Jr.’s independent presidential ticket.

The “Dirty Jobs” host recently sat down with CNN anchor Erin Burnett, where
he confirmed that he was on RFK Jr.’s list of potential vice presidential
candidates, the New York Post reported.

“Actually, I ran into him about six months ago in Dallas, totally
serendipitously, and we exchanged information and he reached out about a
month ago,” Rowe said.

“At some point, he asked me if I would ever consider running for public
office, and I spit my coffee back into my cup and I said, ‘Seriously?'” he
added, noting the “serious conversation” the two had.

But when the interview turned to others RFK Jr. had picked for VP like New
York Jets QB Aaron Rodgers — whose past comments have caused headlines — Rowe
showed his media skills.

	I have to say that Mike Rowe is a real class act. @CNN tried
	desperately to drag him into childish divisive discourse, and he
	stayed above it. He handled this interview like a real adult, and
	that’s not something you see very much these days in US
	politics.#Kennedy24 pic.twitter.com/RMXtRIOGc2

	— Gregory Latham Jr (@B7grWinning) March 15, 2024

“I think he [Rodgers] has a right to articulate whatever he wants,” Rowe told
CNN. “And we have a right to respond however we want. I have no idea what the
man actually said … I don’t know what qualifies or disqualifies a person
running for anything.”

“You know somebody said to me the other day … how the hell are you qualified
to do this [be his VP] and I started to explain how she was right and how I
wasn’t,” he added. “And you know Bobby said something to me, he said,
‘there’s so many skeletons in my closet if you really open it up and give it
a look and if they could all vote I’d be king of the world.'”

“You could probably find stupid stuff that anybody said, but what really
qualifies a man or a woman to run for president or vice president? I think
you got to be 35. I think you have to be born in this country.” Rowe
continued. “After that I don’t know about qualifications …Personally I
stopped watching football after the Colts left Baltimore and so I don’t know
how much use I can be on that.”

It was clear that Burnett hadn’t anticipated his response, and the way he
handled the interview was something he was praised for by many.

“I have to say that Mike Rowe is a real class act. [CNN] tried desperately to
drag him into childish divisive discourse, and he stayed above it,” one
person wrote. “He handled this interview like a real adult, and that’s not
something you see very much these days in US politics.”

Another added, “Mike was talking for about 10 seconds and she stopped
listening, reloading for the next question. He could have talked about the 7
dwarfs being rapists and she wouldn’t have bothered following up.”

While a third wrote sarcastically, “Please, CNN, please start a fight with
the guy who literally had a show focused on blue collar workers. It’s a
winning strategy.”

--
Let's go Brandon!